Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an IT Manager in Singapore.
Tel No.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Highly accomplished IT Manager with exceptional track record in delivering strategic IT projects and high impact IT solutions for financial, telecommunications, and media industries
- Solid experience in conceptualising and driving technical solutions for complex problems with specific domain expertise in the areas of data assessment, architecture, and analytics
- Excellent knowledge of various software applications and capable of leading teams in delivering projects within time and budgetary restraints
- Strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive manager, team builder and tactical planner with ability to attract and secure solid working relationships at the strategic level and translate business needs into technical specifications
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. If you can quantify your current role and mention it on the summary, it will help scale yout current responsibilities.]
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows XP/Vista/7, SharePoint 2010, Office 365 Exchange/SharePoint 2013, Mac OS, DOS
- Software: MS Exchange Server 2010, MS AX Dynamics, Firewall (Sonicwall), Lotus Notes, MSE, Symantec, Symantec Backup EXAC
- Database: SQL Administration
- Hardware: DELL Power Vault/Edge Servers, Cisco Call Manager 8.5 VOIP (Publisher, Subscriber Unity & Presence)
[List down all the software, programs, and tools you’ve experienced using in order to give hiring managers an idea of what you’re capable working with.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|IT Operations Management & Support||Solution Architecture|
|IT Policies & Procedures||Client Management|
|Project Management||Analysis & Strategy|
|Systems Rollout||Leadership & Teamwork|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key IT management phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
GLOBAL TECH SERVICES, SINGAPORE
- Control and captain team of 4 system engineers to drive advancement of full-fledged marketing analytics platform for Singapore’s largest media company [This is a good opening line as it clearly states the focus of responsibility and what the company does. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly the what the role is about.]
- Oversee technological runway from conception to completion and review. Ensure projects meet business needs and resource constraints.
- Devise and maintain strong follow-up and reporting processes to ensure smooth project execution and quality assurance in deliverables
- Liaise closely with implementation teams and business analysts to identify and document bugs and change requests. Lead issue resolution as per documented SOPs, conduct post mortems, and document issue in reports for management. Communicate and share improvements as best practices to other business units [This line greatly demonstrates the candidate’s management skills. Mention the teams and/or departments you are supervising in order to establish your managerial function.]
- Manage large-scale, impact assessments to determine nature and extent of change. Develop transition plans to manage bottlenecks identified and remediation plans to arrest vulnerabilities
[Under Significant Highlights, you can mention the systems, solutions, applications, and projects you led and rolled out and the value it brings to team, organisation, and/or the business. If you can quantify the results, better.]
- Leveraged on SAS and SQL applications to design, develop and deploy a turnkey, digital database that consolidates all local digital campaigns and media assets into a global data repository that performs granular analysis and data harmonization and produces actionable insights
- Harnessed SAS/ETL to develop a fully automated churn analytics module to identify users at risk of attrition and channelled corresponding users to customer care department in order to improve customer retention and foster customer loyalty
- Engaged in production of dashboards on tableau and PHP for documentation and visualization of KPIs that track brand health and equity and monitor competitive landscape
ABC COMPANY LTD, SINGAPORE
- Conceptualised, designed, implemented and maintained hardware, software and network infrastructure of ERP system whilst managing budget of SGD$500,000, tailoring system to suit various departments [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet point is shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Sourced, selected and worked closely with vendors, working within budget constraints to complete project on schedule
- Directed SGD$100,000 project of implementing ERP system for invoicing, warehousing, HR and payroll, from project conceptualisation and planning to user testing, automating work processes that were previously conducted manually [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Pioneer of automated system, streamlining work processes and reducing man-hours down distribution line such as issuing invoices
- Trained over 1,000 local users who were unfamiliar with computers from scratch
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP), New Horizon, Singapore
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), Network Computing, Coventry University
- Diploma in Information Technology, Ngee Ann Polytechnic
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Certified Professional, VMware vSphere 5
[Cite certification(s) that can boost your qualification as an IT Manager]
- Languages: Fluent in English
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the IT Manager Resume Sample above?
On this page, we will be sharing a step-by-step guide on how to write an IT Manager resume for the Singapore market. For related resume guides, click on one of the following links:
About the IT Manager Role
IT management, sometimes called technology management, refers to the overall administration of technology use — including systems, solutions, databases, and processes — in order to generate value and provide human advantage.
The person responsible for leading organisational teams in planning, designing, optimising, operating, and/or controlling technological products, processes, and solutions is called an IT manager. He or she is also in charge of implementing and maintaining the technology infrastructure of an organisation.
Depending on the company, an IT manager is sometimes called technology manager, technology lead, or IT lead.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in an IT Manager Resume
- This is already given, but let me reiterate that a strong IT manager candidate should be well-versed and up-to-date in IT knowledge, technological trends, and industry best practices. While a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems is usually the minimum requirement for an IT management position, short IT courses and certifications are now being considered as long as you can prove your ability to keep up with competition.
- Highlight your experience in comprehending business needs and translating them into proper technical specifications and ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions that meet complex business requirements.
- It would also help if you have excellent leadership and management skills where in you have successfully built strong relationships among IT team members, customers, vendors, stakeholders, and external partners.
Additional IT Manager Resume Writing Tips
- As IT management is a data driven role, ensure your CV has plenty of metrics to quantify your contributions.
- Speak about projects you’ve done to add efficiency to the team. A large part of IT management is speed. If you can make your teams roll out projects faster, you’ll be a tremendous asset to the organisation.
- Include IT courses, certificates, and awards you’ve achieved to strengthen your profile as an IT manager.
IT Manager Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on IT Manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!