Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an Office Manager in Singapore.
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Professional with 9+ years of experience in office management and administrative support in global MNCs
- Proficient in resolving office challenges through innovative solutions and process improvements proven to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Proven track record in managing daily office tasks including staff coordination, payroll processing, petty cash handling, budget allocation and task management
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to maintain positive, professional interpersonal relationships with all levels of management.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Office Management||Reporting & Documentation|
|Meeting & Event Planning||Spreadsheet & Database Creation|
|Inventory Management||Bookkeeping & Payroll|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key office management-related phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Report directly to Managing Director, responsible for managing day-to-day operations and all administrative processes within the office; organize, prioritize and delegate tasks effectively to ensure all administrative work is done competently and within deadlines [This opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role and speaks about the primary responsibilities of the candidate.]
- Provide efficient and professional administrative and clerical support to colleagues and supervisors, including expense reports, domestic and international travel arrangements, calendar management and scheduling of meetings [This line demonstrates the candidate’s ability to handle a wide range of support functions and work smoothly with people from different management levels]
- Maintain equipment inventory, schedule maintenance and handle customer correspondence
- Hire and train over 15 newcomers regarding office procedures and policies; design filing systems and arrange procedures for maintaining records [It is good to include figures when it comes to recruiting and training staff so that potential employers can have a better gauge of the scale of your responsibilities.]
- Decreased office expenditures 24% by implementing needed controls on stock/supplies and standardizing ordering procedures [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Developed efficiency-enhancing workflow/process improvements that made it possible to accommodate increasing responsibilities necessitated by staff reductions [Include operations you have spearheaded and/or actively participated in, including achievements where possible, to demonstrate your ability to be proactive at work]
VENTURE CORPORATION LTD, SINGAPORE
- Coordinated and maintained weekly attendance and annual vacation records on all employees; liaised between departments to ensure proper communications and reporting practices [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Prepared daily, weekly, and monthly reports, as well as performed basic accounting functions including cash reconciliations and wire transfers
- Assisted with event planning, including associated travel and logistic arrangements; oversee receptionist area from greeting of visitors to responding to telephone and in-person requests for information
- Developed new filing and organizational practices, saving the company $3,000 per year in contracted labour expenses [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable. It may be hard for office managers to have concrete achievements compared to sales and marketing roles, but include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Swinburne University of Technology, Singapore | 2006
- Technical Skills: Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Outlook Express
- Languages: English, Cantonese, and Basic Japanese
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Office Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Office Manager Role
To ensure that a company or a business runs smoothly, it is important to first ensure that the administrative operations, that is, the nitty-gritty, are well in place and running smoothly.
This is where the recruitment of an outstanding office manager comes in place. Having a dynamic office manager that can take on all administrative tasks proactively and resolve any potential issues both internally and externally is undeniably an asset to any office.
In this post, we will show you what you can do to be that one office manager that employers would love to have in their office.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in Office Manager Resumes
- Your ability to lead and manage the entire administrative aspect in the office, ensuring smooth operations within the company
- Your ability to perform administrative functions and office management tasks proactively in all areas such as facility operation, event planning and accounting
- Your eye for detail and previous experience in assisting senior executives, directors, and managers
Additional Office Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Talk about your responsibilities that can showcase your conscientiousness, leadership, and organizational abilities, quantifying your achievements where possible.
- Include any milestones and/or improvements you have brought to the company, such as streamlining of daily operations and saving of unnecessary costs (e.g. developing new filing practices which in turn helped reduce company expenses)
- Highlight your communication skills, as well as your problem-solving and/or conflict resolution capabilities, with examples where possible.
Office Management Job Opportunities
- Reach out directly to companies that may be in need of an office manager. Email the HR manager and schedule a quick meeting over coffee where in you can introduce yourself and properly hand over your resume. Recruiters prefer this gesture over simply emailing your CV directly to the company address.
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Office Manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!