Here is a sample resume we recently produced for a PPC Manager in Singapore.
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Digital Marketing Professional with almost 10 years of track record in driving performance across portfolio of online marketing programs, specialising in pay-per-click management on Google, Yahoo, and Facebook platforms
- Demonstrated ability to set up converting PPC campaigns and optimise bids according to sales and marketing targets. Successfully improved PPC performance of AsiaTravel to over 90%, generating up to 75% ROI on marketing campaigns and securing USD 500,000 USD upsells to date
- Proven track record in analysing and interpreting key metrics to generate significant increase. Generated over SGD 350,000 for Regent Singapore during first 3 months of set up
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps give scale to the candidate’s responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Digital Marketing||Search Marketing|
|Paid Online Advertising||Keyword Research|
|Pay-Per-Click Advertising||Ad Copywriting|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key PPC management phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Work with team of 12 digital marketing staff in organising and executing online marketing campaigns for AsiaTravel web portal. Manage annual marketing budget of USD 250’000 for PPC ad placements on Google, Yahoo, and Facebook platforms [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about this role as it clearly states the size of the team, budget, and main responsibilities]
- Set up new targeted PPC campaigns and continuously optimise ‘Always On’ campaigns to increase conversions, reduce costs, and achieve monthly ROI. Create and submit monhtly advertising performance report to Head of Digital Marketing
- Perform keyword research, competitor analysis, bid adjustment, and ad copy optimsation according to overall marketing objectives to reach set targets [Toss is a bit of digital marketing jargon to show that you are in the know.]
- Design and optimise landing pages to achieve 100% ad scent and 10/10 quality score of ads, reducing CPC and improving click and conversion rates [A good PPC manager knows how to manager langing page design and optimisation.]
- Successfully improved PPC performance of AsiaTravel to over 90%, generating up to 75% ROI on marketing campaigns and securing USD 500,000 USD upsells to date [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Overhauled existing Google Adwords account with 60+ campaigns, including restructuring campaigns, optimisng ad groups and keywords, bid adjustment, editing ad copy, and performing A/B testing within 14 days.
REGENT HOTEL, SINGAPORE
- Spearheaded full spectrum of PPC advertising for one of Singapore’s leading hotels; in charged of managing accounts on Google AdWords and Facebook Ad Manager, managing annual marketing budget of USD 150’000 [Simple, clear overview of the job you have previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Responsible for performing keyword research, campaign set up, bid adjustment, ad copy creation, and A/B testing
- Liaised closely with Graphic Design team in producing banners and images for Facebook, following advertising guidelines and best practices
- Single-handedly created Google AdWords and Facebook advertising accounts for Regent Singapore in 2 weeks within time and budget restraints
- Regularly monitored and optimised PPC accounts, and performed A/B testing that increased clicks by 65%, improved conversions by 40%, and reduced cost per click by 82%. Generated over SGD 350,000 of online booking sales during first 3 months of set up [Support the success of your campaigns by sharing quantifiable metrics.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Marketing (Hons), Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore | 2007
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Google Adwords Certification (Fundamentals), Google Inc, 2015
- Google Adwords Certification (Advanced and Display), Google Inc, 2015
[Make sure to list down related certifications you received to further strengthen your qualification as a PPC Manager.]
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Google AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, Yahoo Search Marketing, HootSuite, Google Analytics, ClickFunnels
- Languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Availability: 1 months’ notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you, they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the PPC Manager Resume Sample above?
About the PPC Manager Role
Pay-per-click (PPC) managers are the masters of online advertising. They are not only familiar with the concepts of online marketing, but are also experienced managing, utilizing, and optimising an advertising budget in order to create conversions, reach targets, and get a good ROI.
The expertise of PPC managers lies on any online advertising tool or platform designed with the pay-per-click model. The most popular of these include Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, and Yahoo Search Marketing.
As many companies in Singapore started to establish their presence and advertise online, I have met a lot of really good PPC specialists from various organisations. However, looking at their CVs, many can’t fully showcase their excellence and present their strong qualifications.
On this post, we will present a guide on how to write a resume for PPC Managers with a sample CV that you can refer to.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in PPC Manager Resumes
- Ability to Manage & Optimise Budget Effectively: PPC managers are given monthly or quarterly budget that they need to spend wisely. Therefore, a good one should be able plan strategically even before utilizing the budget. He should consider factors such as target audience, maximum bids, cost per click, conversions, and ROI forecasts.
- Ability to Write Strong & Captivating Copy: While some PPC managers depend on another person or team for the production of ad copy and marketing materials, it would be great if one is already knowledgeable in the best practices of online ad copywriting. This way, he can make immediate or quick adjustments on the copy when necessary.
- Knowledge / Exposure to Different Online Advertising Tools: Highlight your knowledge on which tools you are capable of working on or have experienced using in the past. This way, hiring managers will have an idea of what you can help them with.
Additional PPC Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Online marketing and advertising experts are often defined by the successes of the campaigns they implement. Make sure to mention and discuss about campaigns that have brought impact to the companies you’ve worked for. Mention the budget you handled vs. actual spend, lowest CPCs you achieved (and how you were able to do this), conversions and ROI.
- List down all the online tools and platforms you know, as well as the technical skills you have. It is always a plus for HR managers to hire a PPC specialist who also has the ability to do basic web design or HTML development.
PPC Manager Job Opportunities
- You’ll know a company is doing online advertising if you see their ad placements on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. And if they do, you can assume that they have a specific position for online advertising executives (unless they work with an advertising agency, which we will tackle below). It wouldn’t hurt to send an enquiry to these companies’ HR department to ask if they have an opening for you and if you can apply for the position. Improve your chances of getting noticed by telling something about their existing ad, such as “I noticed your ad copy doesn’t sound so compelling. Maybe you can try using this instead.”
- Scour websites like Indeed, JobsDB, or Jobstreet for product management jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started. Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from Our Resident Headhunter
- If you know for yourself that you are a really, really good PPC Manager, talk to companies that outsource their online advertising from third-party agencies. Set up a meeting with them and prepare a presentation discussing why hiring agencies can be very expensive. Mention how you can do better if they hire you as an in-house PPC manager instead.
- If, on the other hand, you find it difficult to get into the big MNCs, why not start your journey with advertising agencies. You may not be able to work for your dream company, but at least you can handle their online advertising campaigns.
- Sign up on LinkedIn and join groups for digital marketing professionals. Job openings are often posted in these groups, so it’s best that you be active and check your account every now and then. Additionally, make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and your professional experiences. Here is our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on PPC manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Write an Executive Summary for Your CV
- 10 Steps on How to Get a Job in Singapore
- Top Job Portals in Singapore
- Other Resume Samples from ResumeWriter.SG