Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Sales Manager in Singapore
B2B SALES MANAGER
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Sales Manager with over 15 years of B2B sales experience at bluechip firms such as IBM, MyRepublic and Canon
- Deep understanding of business IT needs. Large network of over 2’000 SME & MNC customers in Singapore
- Track record for exceeding KPIs and overall business unit goals. Achieved YOY growth of 40% for MyRepublic Singapore from 2014 to 2016.
- Single-handedly built sales team in Singapore from scratch to over SGD 10 million in revenue in 24 months.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Channel Sales||B2B Marketing|
|Strategic Planning||Market Development|
|Business Development||Client Relations Management|
|P&L Management||Leadership & Teamwork|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key sales management phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Led team of 25 sales officers to oversee B2B sales of broadband services to businesses across Singapore [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about the role as it briefly states the size of the team and the candidate’s primary responsibilities.]
- Actively monitored key performance metrics of sales teams, identified bottlenecks, installed new solutions and coached teams accordingly
- Develop sales and new business opportunities. Work closely with sales and marketing teams in performing cold calling, researching, and profiling clients to effective presenting win-win solutions [It is good to mention your flexibility in working with internal, as well as external stakeholders, to establish good working relationship that is essential to a senior managerial position.]
- Key player in supporting product road mapping and improving sales processes; provide inputs to product teams on market trends and customer feedback, ideate and implement new product solutions to maximize client satisfaction and grow market share [More than selling, sales managers should highlight their ability to improve sales processes and execute better strategies to help grow overall business.]
- Responsible for customer satisfaction ratings; actively track and monitor key metrics, set targets, install processes to boost scores and achieve higher customer SLAs
- Played pivotal role in growing regional B2B revenues from under SGD 5 million in 2011 to over SGD 25 million in 2016. Achieved YOY growth of 40% for 3 consecutive years [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Single-handedly built B2B Sales team in Singapore from scratch. Identified talents, created sales manuals and led team to capture over SGD 20 million in revenue over 24 months
CANON Printing Solutions, SINGAPORE
- Managed team of 12 sales staff to generate new and repeat sales for Canon printers and peripherals within Singapore [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet point is shorter. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Initiated and developed business relationships with potential customers and channel partners; communicate unique value proposition of products and potential business benefits for clients to ensure successful deal closure.
- Exceeded sales KPIs for 8 consecutive quarters. Awarded Salesperson of the year for 2011
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Management, Singapore Management University, Singapore | 2008
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: English, Mandarin
- Availability: 2 months’ notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Sales Manager Resume Sample above?
About the Sales Manager Role
Crafting a resume for a sales manager position is somewhat different from that for a sales executive position. Many sales managerial hopefuls actually end up short-changing themselves by focusing too much on their sales achievements, when what we are looking to highlight here is other skill sets such as their business development and leadership skills.
In this post, we will provide important pointers that will help you create a resume befitting of a sales manager so that you can get ahead of competition and score a great position that matches your qualifications.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in Sales Manager Resumes
- Ability to Motivate Teams: For most companies, sales managers don’t do the actual selling; instead they manage a team of sales executives who sell the products or offer the company’s services to potential clients. Thus, it is important that the sales manager be able to strongly motivate and inspire his team to reach their sales targets. Motivation is not just about pushing your team to deliver, but help them realize how they can be of value to the company they are working for and the customers they are serving.
- Ability to Strategise and Execute Creative Sales Tactics: For sales strategies to work, you should be able to think of creative and unique ways of engaging with customers and offering your products and/or services. Be resourceful. Think out of the box and try out different methods. A successful sales manager doesn’t stop innovating because he or she knows how dynamic tools and technologies are, and takes advantage of these to get ahead of the competition.
- Knowledge in Business Trends and Opportunities: Showcase your ability to identify untapped business opportunities, including negotiating with potential customers and convincing them to place their business in the company.
Additional Sales Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Mention big and global accounts you’ve handled. Show how you were able to drive growth and increases sales by identifying strategies you implemented and campaigns you rolled out, quantifying your achievements where possible.
- Keep your resume short and simple, but make it as strong as possible. This means, you only need to include work experiences that are related to the job you are applying for. Details of positions, as well as internships and community services, that are don’t concern sales and business development can be left out in order to extablish a great focus and not to waste precious space on your CV.
Sales Manager Job Opportunities
- Nowadays, hiring managers spend a good amount of time on LinkedIn to look for aspiring candidates and potential new hires. Make sure to stay active on social media and present an impressive, professional-looking profile that will help recruiters notice you. Additionally, don’t wait for someone to contact you; if you see a job ad posted, reach out to the employer right away. Be sure to check out our guide on finding jobs through social media
- Scour websites like Indeed, JobsDB, or Jobstreet for sales jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started. Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Have your sales portfolio ready and available anytime. This means you have to always keep track of the accounts you have handled and the companies you’ve worked for, products and services you have experienced selling to customers, types of clients you’ve worked with, and all significant quantifiable metrics that measure your success.
- Take advantage of the network of clients, brands, and businesses you’ve work with. Stay connected with them and reach out once in a while to ask if there are any sales management positions available that you can apply for.
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on sales manager resume sample useful, you might also like: