Here is a sample resume we recently produced for a Telecom Sales Executive in Singapore
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Seasoned Sales Professional with over 10 years’ experience managing sales, customer service, and account management within the telecommunications industry
- Beat sales targets for 7 consecutive quarters. Closed over 78 million SGD in sales through network of channel sales partners
- Proactive manager, team builder and tactical planner with ability to consistently meet and deliver sales targets.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Sales Strategy||Direct & Channel Sales|
|Account Management||Customer Relationship Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key sales phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Manage team of 8 account managers in driving sales of commercial and business mobile subscription packages through channel sales partners across Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia
- Lead all aspects of sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Understand client needs and propose optimum product offerings; submit tenders and oversee contract negotiations
- Formulate win strategies to secure contracts; liaise closely with product teams to accurately segment customer verticals, decipher needs, and tailor suitable mobile packages; collate costs and submit suitable bids to close profitable contracts
- Maintain strong relationships with clients; actively communicate with clients to understand growth plans and availability of future contracts
- Select, train, and supervise sales staff. Set sales targets and motivate team to meet targets and conduct team performance appraisals
- Coordinate and liaise closely with team members to solve customer issues. Offer solutions and suggestions for process and product improvement to management
- Consistently exceeded all sales targets; closed over SGD 50 million worth of sales in 2013
- Cultivated strong relationships with key clients, including Micron, Sheng Siong, CapitaLang, EBC Lifestyle Hub, Nanyang Learning, and Total eBiz Solutions
- Speaheaded sales of iPass payment solution for clients and channel partners across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and India
- Responsible for educating market on innovative new product; established strong partnerships with channel sales partners to increase outreach and grow sales figures
- Successfully grew sales from 3 million USD in 2000 to over 7 million USD in 2003. Awarded iPass salesperson of the year for 2 consecutive years [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable. It may be hard for admin assistants to have concrete achievements compared to sales and marketing roles, but include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- MBA, Singapore Management University, Singapore | 2007
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems and Management, University of London | 2005
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: English, Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Telecom Sales Resume Sample above?
About the Telecom Sales Role
Sales, in general, is a broad field of career. While the concept of selling may be universal, the kind of product or service you are offering, as well as your target market, may require a unique sales approach.
Telecom sales, for example, is different from selling a car or offering a spa service. In the telecom industry, sales is strictly targeted. You need to study your customers well and identify who are capable of subscribing to monthly services. Aside from these, you need to be able to present your services well enough to be understood and accepted by the customers.
As a sales executive in the telecom industry, you need to be equipped with the right product knowledge and the perfect sales approach in order to close deals and reach your targets. If you are planning to apply for a position as a telecom sales executive, here is a comprehensive guide we produced on how to write a winning sales resume that stands out.
What Hiring Managers Look For in Telecom Sales Resumes
- Exceptional Sales Skills and Experience: This is given. Not only should you have enough sales experience on your CV, but you should also be able to show how successful you are in closing deals and keeping clients.
- Familiarity with the Telecom Industry: While this factor is not always a deal breaker, it helps if the candidate is familiar with or has worked in a telecom company before. Make sure to include technologies you’re familiar with such as Voice, Data, and/or ISP.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You cannot sell effectively if you cannot communicate well. Find a way to showcase this on your CV, and make sure that profile is written well and error-free.
- Ability to Provide Customer Care: Telecom sales doesn’t end in closing a deal and acquiring subscribers. It also requires after-sales care where you have to support and resolve customers’ concerns while already using your services.
Additional Telecom Sales Resume Writing Tips
- To demonstrate excellent sales performance, include quantifiable metrics and statistics among your achievements. Mention sales targets you’ve achieved month on month, no. of accounts you’ve handled, as well as customer concerns you were able to resolve.
- If you don’t have past experience working in the telecommunications industry, make sure to highlight your sales skills and experiences instead. Potential employers and hiring managers will want to see how your ability to sell were responsible for positive, quantitative results.
Telecom Sales Job Opportunities
- There is only a handful of telecom companies in Singapore, including SingTel, M1, and StarHub. It shouldn’t be very difficult for you to apply directly to each of them. Make sure, however, that you customise each application you make, instead of sending out a generic cover letter and resume to all companies.
- Scour websites like JobsDB or Jobstreet for telecom sales jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from Our Resident Headhunter
- Do not be limited to the available telecom sales jobs in Singapore. Most telecommunications companies have affiliations with other organisations in and out of the country. If you are flexible to work abroad, go ahead and explore vast opportunities within the telecommunications and IT industries.
- Be patient. If you have already invested a couple of years in a particular telecom company as a sales executive, more often than not, it would only take a little while for you to get promoted n sales or land a good position in another department, such as product development or marketing. Keep working hard; you’ll have a good future in the telecoms industry.
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on telecom sales resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Write an Executive Summary for Your CV
- 10 Steps on How to Get a Job in Singapore
- Top Job Portals in Singapore
- Other Resume Samples from ResumeWriter.SG