Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a senior web developer in Singapore
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: American
- Senior IT professional with 7 years of experience developing in-house company solutions and customised IT software solutions for external clients, web service API integration and web-based applications; key clients include XXXX and XXXX
- Well-versed in all stages of software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment
- Highly articulate and capable of translating complex ideas into actionable outcomes; meeting business objectives and forging strong relationships with clients, vendors and partners
- Proactive team builder and tactical planner with ability to attract and secure solid working relationships across organisational levels
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Briefly mentioning about key accounts you handled and campaigns you executed can provide a good initial impression to your profile.]
- Languages: Java SE, Java EE, CSharp, HTML5, HTML, CSS
- Software: NetBeans , Eclipse, Envox CT ADE, ASP.NET
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL Oracle DB
- Others: Unix (CentOS), AngularJS, Apache Tomcat, Citrix XenCenter, IBM WebSphere, Spring Framework
[Create a separate section for your technical skills and categorize them accordingly. This should give hiring managers an idea of what languages and programs you’re knowledgable with.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Web & Software Development||Client/Vendor Management|
|Systems Design||SIT & UAT|
|Technical Architecture||SLA Attainment|
|Software Documentation||Leadership & Teamwork|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key web development phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
ABC TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, SINGAPORE
- Develop customised IT solutions for clients and enhance existing in-house systems
- Liaise with clients to conceptualise and plan overall system flow, gather requirements and develop architecture and specifications
- Handle change requests and documentation, and provide second-level support
[The above work descriptions give a good idea about the role and main repsonsibilities of the candidate. For complex projects and account management tasks, it is best to break them down as seen below.]
IVR System for Company XYZ
Role: Team Leader and Main Developer
- Liaised with client’s IS, marketing and PABX teams, and third party vendors. Gathered requirements, developed software, performed SIT and UAT and fixed bugs [Aside from your technical know-how, show how you’re capable of being a team player and working smoothly with other stakeholders.]
- Analysed and resolved technical issues following system go-live
- Prepared and reviewed project documentation, including project plans, system specifications, SIT and UAT documents, CR, fault reports, preventative maintenance and training [Your ability to prepare software documentations is a plus!]
- Worked closely with client to standardise deployment procedures and deployment documentation
- Trained client’s IS team to troubleshoot 1st level issues, and provided 2nd level support
Online Customer Portal for Company 123
Role: Team leader and main developer
- Conducted entire SDLC in collaboration with client, and followed through with documentation, SIT and UAT
WORLWIDE XYZ TECHNOLOGIES, SINGAPORE
- Analysed customer requirements and created roll out strategy for project delivery, including business mapping and requirement documentation; determined optimal processes that would meet client needs [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Web developer specializing on CSS development and CSharp programming with ASP.NET
- Custom designed solutions using SQL Server 2010 platform; leveraged on telekrik controls for storing of RAD controls in database
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master of Information Systems, Nanyang Technological University
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) First Class, Computer Science, National University of Singapore
- Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform, SE 5.0 (SCJP 5.0)
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Big Data and Hadoop Certification, Simplilearn, In Progress
- Microsoft Certified Programmer, 2010
- Languages: Fluent in English
- Availability: 2 months’ notics
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Web Developer Resume Sample above?
About the Web Developer Role
Since the advent of technology and the Internet, web and software development as a career has been an ongoing trend not only in Singapore, but in many countries around the world.
And as IT jobs in Sinagpore continue to rise, so as IT experts with different specialisations. The problem with landing a decent IT or web development job, however, is that no matter how awesome a candidate is, if his expertise is not reflected well on his CV, he wouldn’t be selected from a pool of other IT experts.
To get you ahead of the competition, we will show you how to write a winning web developer resume that stands out from the crowd.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For On a Web Developer Resume
- Data Integration: Highlight your knowledge in integrating and backing up data from previous systems, databases, and/or back-end services.
- Software Documentation: Many companies and IT teams prefer web developers who are capable of creating and maintaining software documentation.
- Up-To-Date: Make sure you are updated with latest programming trends and web development best practices. Show that you are a continuously learning and are open to new knowledge through training, conferences, and group discussion.
Additional Web Developer Resume Writing Tips
- Your web development skills are supported by web systems, platforms, and apps you have developed. Make sure to discuss more on these and their outcome towards the growth of the business.
- As you learn web development skills and programming languages one at a time, include training, conferences, and short courses you attended, as well as certifications that will prove your knowledge/degree in a particular skill.
Web Development Job Opportunities
- Scour websites like JobsDB or Jobstreet for web development jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from Our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Keep working hard. Get ahead of the competition.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on web developer resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Write an Executive Summary for Your CV
- 10 Steps on How to Get a Job in Singapore
- Top Job Portals in Singapore
- Other Resume Samples from ResumeWriter.SG