Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an account manager in Singapore
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Skilled marketing professional with 14 years’ of experience in sales and account management. Deep expertise in IT, e-commerce, and telecommunication industry [This opening line perfectly captures a strong summary]
- Outstanding track record for closing multi-million dollar contracts with key clientele through strong client acquisition and retention strategies from leading advertising agencies. [Career achievements like these help to make your CV memorable]
- Strong business acumen with ability to spot and capitalise on unique opportunities to grow business reputation and expertise
- Adept at leading sales and technical teams to successfully bid for projects within budget and resource restraints. Excellent interpersonal skills towards building relationships at all organisational levels
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Sales and Marketing||Staff Training|
|Account Management||Technical Sales|
|Strategic Planning||Customer Relationship Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key account management, sales, and marketing phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
iHUB MEDIA, SINGAPORE
- Spearhead management of key accounts in conceptualising and executing marketing strategies to meet clients’ targets and KPIs [The opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role]
- Handle overall business development and market strategy for key clients, liaising closely with cross functional teams in tailoring solutions and executing campaigns
- Deliver goal-oriented performance reviews to clients and provide suggestive directions in crafting and improving online marketing strategies
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and actively communicate with stakeholders to understand growth plans and availability of future contracts
- Successfully developed new business worth over SGD1.5 million within 2 years of employment [Cite metrics to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Secured 80% client renewal rate for accounts worth up to SGD2 million in annual value through active client relationship management [The more data you can show, the better]
- Awarded Top Sales Executive in 3 consecutive years from 2012 to 2014 [Don’t be shy to mention awards you’ve received. You’ve earned them!]
- Primary point of contact for agency’s newly won account. In charge of overall account management for SingTel, including business development and marketing communication strategies [Again, depending on your company’s or client’s confidentiality clause, you may want to specify the names of big accounts you’ve managed to add strength to your profile]
- Conceptualised, planned, and executed innovative online and traditional marketing strategies aimed to establish brand harmonisation, increase awareness, and achieve sales targets [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Oversaw design and production of digital and print materials for client within allocated timeline
- Consistently retained SingTel as key account for 5 years which resulted to MediaCorp revenue increase by 25% year on year [This achievement is very short, but the data speaks for itself.]
- Assisted local marketing team of MediaCorp in driving signature marketing campaigns that generated SGD300,000 in revenue
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing & Finance), University of New South Wales | 1999-2002
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Account Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Account Manager Role
Account management is more than just managing accounts and establishing strong client relationships. For sales and marketing professionals handling key accounts, it is important that they demonstrate their vital role in making a business profitable and successful on their resume.
To help you craft a well-written account manager resume sample, here is our comprehenisve guide with sample resume that you can refer to.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Account Manager Resumes
- Your ability to develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Your expertise in identifying untapped business opportunities, including negotiating with potential customers, and convincing them to place their business in the company
- Your knowledge in turning proposals into closed deals across multiple and varied sectors
- Significant quantifiable metrics that measure your success such as increase in sales month on month, annual revenue generated, and number of accounts managed.
Additional Account Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Make sure to mention big and global accounts you’ve handled. Show how you were able to drive growth to their business by identifying strategies you implemented and campaigns you rolled out.
- Speak about projects you’ve done to add efficiency to the team. A large contribution to success of of sales and marketing is speed. If you are able to influence rolling out of campaigns faster, you’ll be a tremendous asset to the organisation.
Account Management Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Account Management resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!