Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Senior Accounting Manager in Singapore. We have written this based on his Accountant CV.
| +65 1234 5678 | email@example.com |
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, address them directly. LinkedIn job ads often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Senior Accounting Manager
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Senior Accounting Manager at ABC Organization. Through my 12-year career, I have had the opportunity to oversee and drive a full range of accounting functions, including AP/AR, GL preparation, financial reporting, audit management, and financial controls. I also possess experience in preparing corporate financial statements and consolidating accounts in several globally-recognised multinational and listed organizations, including XYZ Company and ABC Company. Finally, as a recognised subject-matter expert in compliance and regulatory affairs, my deep know-how in prevailing reporting standards grants me experience with advising senior management on corporate compliance-related issues, providing insights on company-wide policymaking processes. [Summarise your work experience as an Accountant, which will help give the hiring manager an idea of what you can do!]
- Presently, I am an Accounting Manager at XYZ Company, where I supervise a team of 4 accountants and finance officers to oversee AP, AR, & GL functions for a leading FMCG MNC with annual revenue of USD$100 million and presence in 20 countries. We also oversee all credit control issues and AR for a portfolio of 3 key brands worth USD$30 million collectively. I also spearheaded the installation of QuickBooks accounting software across XYZ Company’s Accounting Division, in order to provide improved transparency of accounts, increasing team productivity/efficiency and enhancing management of company cash flows. Among my Achievements, I am proudest of successfully reducing our Division’s month-end closing from 90 days to 25 days through automation and streamlining our processes. [Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
With my extensive experience in compliance and regulatory affairs, managing accounting functions and digitizing workflows to enhance efficiency, I am positive in my ability to contribute improvements and insights on company-wide policymaking processes to drive ABC Organization’s continued growth and performance. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to ABC Organization. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +65 1234 5678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Finally, cap your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide ways you can be contacted.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Senior Accounting Manager Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Accounting Manager Role
Accountancy is a discipline which is becoming increasingly popular nowadays. Amidst challenging job market conditions, it’s seen as an ‘iron rice bowl’ – every company needs someone to keep the books, and while the basic bookkeeping may be automated away, high-level accounting and financial management entails a lot of subjective decision making which computers can’t easily handle. Just look at the grades needed to even get in the door in our local universities now: nearly straight ‘A’s!
I’ve seen a lot of accountants looking for new jobs recently. Unlike other industries, they’re not coming to me because they can’t land a job. They’re coming to me because they want to land a more senior position at a better company. This is great news! At the most basic level, this entails a different strategy – I tend to spend a lot more time with these clients to get every single achievement and project they’ve worked on in the past. To stand out, those are a must. This is especially the case in industries dominated by high-flyers, where performance is very easy to measure objectively. The most common problem I see is that these achievements aren’t presented well, if at all. It seems we Singaporeans are a modest bunch. That’s not good in the context of a job search. Modesty most definitely has its place, but we need to sell ourselves better. We must be confident in our abilities!
What Hiring Managers Look for in Accountant Cover Letters
- Your strong experience in financial, compliance, and/or controlling functions within SMEs and large corporations
- You being comfortable and confident in doing budget planning, forecast, and preparation
- Deep understanding of the financial market and trends in Singapore
- Proven expertise in using accounting and financial systems
Accountant Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
- You can also try searching on LinkedIn. It’s an increasingly popular way to network. I’ve got a cool story about how I helped a client land a very prestigious role through exploiting the power of LinkedIn – read it here.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Your Cover Letter is your golden ticket of opportunity to your dream career. Download our Cover Letter template and follow our Ultimate Cover Letter Guide to stand out!
- With your Cover Letter, you can afford to let more of your personality shine through! Get inspired by these creative, winning Cover Letter examples that have actually landed our clients jobs at the likes of Airbnb, Facebook, and more.
- Of course, a stellar resume is just as essential to your job hunt! Create a WINNING Resume and send it along with your Cover Letter.
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year
- Why not get some extra help in your job search journey? The Singapore government has some great job search support programmes and resources that you could benefit from.
- Before you start sending out applications, why not get a free CV Feedback Session with our team?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Accountant Cover Letter sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!