Here is a sample resume we recently produced for an accounting manager in Singapore.
Tel No.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Seasoned accounting professional with 12 years of experience in managing financial reports and consolidating accounts in several established multinational and listed organizations, including XXXXX and XXXXX [This opening line perfectly captures a strong summary.]
- Proven track record in conducting daily accounting operations and expertise in coordinating financial reports
- Strong in coordinating between various regulatory bodies and internal departments
- Effective in implementing new accounting procedures and utilising financial software to streamline accounting operations
- Demonstrated capability in effectively analysing, implementing and troubleshooting change
- Excellent interpersonal skills towards building relationships at all organisational levels. Proactive manager, team builder and tactical planner with ability to attract and secure high performance teams
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. If you can quantify your current role and mention it on the summary, it will help scale your current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Internal Controls & Compliance|
|Financial Reporting & Analysis||Tax & Regulatory Compliance|
|Accounts Payable||Financial Modelling|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key accounting phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
XYZ COMPANY, SINGAPORE
- Supervise team of 4 accountants and finance officers to oversee AP, AR, & GL functions for leading FMCG MNC with annual revenue of USD$100 million and presence in 20 countries. [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about this role]
- Oversee all credit control issues and AR for portfolio of 3 key brands worth USD$30 million collectively
- Responsible for identifying areas for process improvement and proposing new streamline processes for accounting team’s financial reporting to ensure compliance with local/US GAAP and corporate requirements
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable and payroll; handle Income Tax filing of expatriate employees in Singapore
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and liaise closely with tax consultants for year-end transfer pricing adjustment for goods from US and Europe
- Analyse regulatory requirements and monitor compliance of accounting procedures and practices. Ensure all accounting deadlines are met
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with different departments across multiple locations in APAC to enable smooth work processes
- Provide training and guidance to junior team members, building up lean and professional team able to work independently
- Conceptualised and implemented new credit controls and revenue recognition compliance through review and improvement of workflow processes. This resulted in compliance with corporate finance policies which didn’t exist earlier–integral to company’s goals [Cite metrics to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Spearheaded installation of QuickBooks accounting software to provide improved transparency of accounts, increase team productivity and better management of company cash flows
- Successfully reduced month-end closing from 90 days to 25 days through automation and streamlined process
- Instrumental in reducing overdue accounts (>90 days) by 50% through persistent following up and reduction of credit limits of errant customers
ABC COMPANY, SINGAPORE
- Directed daily operations of financial and accounting unit; worked closely with Senior Finance Manager and auditors to ensure statutory audit and FRS compliance [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Performed full spectrum of financial management duties, including financial analysis, audit and inter-company reconciliation of subsidiary accounts; drafted timely financial reports and other relevant correspondence
- Actively provided on-the-job training and guidance for subordinates; conducted Microsoft Excel training courses for finance and business colleagues
- Spearheaded implementation of Oracle HFM Consolidation System and incorporation of Notes to Accounts format into standard operating procedures, successfully reducing subsidiary reporting lapses and eliminating human error by 100%
- Devised and developed application to automate timeline production in place of manual procedure, successfully improving efficiency and productivity of business functions by 80%.
JKL COMPANY, SINGAPORE
- Managed daily maintenance of invoices, including processing, verification, and reconciliation of accounts
- Conducted analysis of financial and management reports to ensure compliance with accounting standards
- Liaised closely with local customers to collect unpaid monies; established contact with clients to handle order settlements and invoicing queries
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master of Business Administration, Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University | 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting & Finance, Singapore Institute of Management | 2002
- Technical Skills: Experienced in BPC, Hyperion HFM, SAP, CODA, Cognos system, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Fast Accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite and iSAS.
- Languages: Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Availability: 2 months’ notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Accounting Resume Sample above?
Many accountants and accounting professionals look really impressive when it comes to account handling and auditing of finances of big brands and large corporations. However, they seem to be quite challenged when it comes to presenting their skills and achievements in their resumes.
I know this for a fact because I’ve seen a lot of accounting resumes, and I know that these candidates can do a lot better than what they already have written in their CVs.
If you are one of those professionals who need help crafting a well-written CV, here is our guide on how to write an accounting resume.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Accounting Resumes
- Your strong experience in financial, compliance, and/or controlling functions within SMEs and large corporations
- You being comfortable and confident in doing budget planning, forecast, and preparation
- Deep understanding of the financial market and trends in Singapore
- Proven expertise in using accounting and financial systems
Additional Accounting Resume Writing Tips
- Accounting is quite a broad field of knowledge that covers many different kinds of functions and responsibilities. It is always best to specify your area of specialization and tailor your CV according to this, in order to put a focus on your profile — rather than being a “jack of all trades” who may confuse hiring managers.
- Don’t forget to mention accounting certifications or licences you were able to acquire to helpimprove your resume and boost your career.
Accounting Job Opportunities
- Scour websites like JobsDB or Jobstreet for accounting jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from Our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Keep working hard. Get ahead of the competition.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Tips
If you found this article on administrative officer resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Write an Executive Summary for Your CV
- 10 Steps on How to Get a Job in Singapore
- Top Job Portals in Singapore
- Other Resume Samples from ResumeWriter.SG