Best Companies to Work for in Singapore
What do you look for in your ideal company? High salaries and bonuses? Perks and benefits? Work-life balance?
The companies in these lists offer these – and more.
Here are the best companies to work for in Singapore, based on feedback from employees working there! Read on to see what they have to say:
Table of Contents
Best Places to Work Singapore: Employees’ Choice (Glassdoor)
According to Glassdoor’s inaugural 2020 edition of ‘Best Places to Work in Singapore’, these are the top 10 companies:
Glassdoor’s top companies in Singapore list
Glassdoor Singapore’s list is compiled based on anonymous employee feedback on companies.
Reviews take into account multiple factors:
- Employees’ quality of work
- Career opportunities
- Senior management
- Culture and values
Glassdoor Singapore also highlights the trend of companies – big name companies in Singapore and around the world – placing increasing emphasis on culture and inclusivity, as a defining trend for the next decade.
Here’s what Glassdoor president and COO Christian Sutherland-Wong has to say of the new culture-first decade:
“In today’s age of workplace transparency, the mission, culture and values of a company are crucial when it comes to employers’ ability to recruit and retain top talent.”
What defines these firms as the best companies to work for in Singapore?
Their employees have this to say:
Source: Tech in Asia
Here’s what Googlers love about their workplace:
- “[Management has] clear goals”
- “Friendly working environment”
- “Employees are empowered”
- “Open, collaborative, satisfying, joyful experience”
An Account Manager also shared about “amazing perks,” with “very people-oriented, supportive managers.” Overall, there is a “great company culture with very good benefits. Lots of focus on personal development and many opportunities for career progression.”
Find jobs at Google Singapore here: Google Careers Singapore
Source: Vulcan Post
Here’s how Facebook employees describe their work environment:
- “There is lots of room for employees to grow”
- “Great autonomy and people-centric culture”
- “Steep learning curve. Great compensation”
- “Ability to impact the future of technology”
A Researcher with Facebook for 4 years shared:
“…this is the company I loved the most in my career experience. Lots of work life balance, freedom to experiment in my role. Never micromanaging… [I] really really love working here.”
Find jobs at Facebook Singapore here: Facebook Careers Singapore
On a related note – here’s the stellar Cover Letter one of our clients used to land an interview at Facebook.
Source: Shell Group
Here’s what Shell employees have to say about their company:
- “Employee-oriented company”
- “Competitive compensations”
- “Great bonus and add-on benefits”
- “[Shell is a] company that cares about safety”
- ”Great projects, large complex opportunities, white canvas to shape large impact”
A Product Manager shared:
“…culture is forgiving and very open. Everyone is willing to help, conversations with bosses are transparent, accountability is given early.”
Start your Shell Singapore career here: Shell Careers Singapore
Source: Glassdoor Singapore
Here’s how Amazon employees describe their work environment:
- “Absolute customer focus. Get it done mindset. Open to trying new things”
- “Tons of opportunities for professional development”
- “Lots of chances to grow and learn. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful”
- “A lot of time and resources are thrown at learning. A lot of smart and motivated people are pushing the bar high at times – the products (AWS) are really leading globally and it is awesome”
An Enterprise Services Manager at Amazon sums this up:
“[Amazon offers an] incredible learning opportunity and collaborative work environment. [You are] surrounded by smart people and have limitless possibilities with the customers.”
Find Amazon Singapore jobs here: Amazon Careers Singapore
Source: FITCH Singapore
Here’s what Microsoft employees love about their company:
- “Amazing place for people who love working in teams”
- “Highly dynamic environment with fast-evolving technology”
- “Great culture with supportive people”
- “Growth mindset and a culture of innovation”
A Delivery Manager shares that at Microsoft:
“you get to work with amazing and smart folks. There’s an open and inclusive environment. You have amazing access to technology and learning opportunities.”
Find jobs at Microsoft Singapore here: Microsoft Careers Singapore
6. Visa Inc.
Source: Glassdoor Singapore
Here’s what Visa employees have to say about their company:
- “Great people with a lot of knowledge”
- “Incredibly intelligent people”
- “Good benefits and compensation, with good number of leaves and medical coverage”
- “Great mentors, colleagues and interesting time to be in payments”
A Senior Business Analyst shares that:
“Visa provides you with international business experience regardless of the team you work for. It’s a very open company culture with an increased focus on eliminating silos across business functions.”
Find jobs at Visa Singapore here: Visa Careers Singapore
Source: Steven Leach Group
Here’s what AIA employees shared about their workplace:
- “Flexible working hours”
- “Good training and sales support.”
- “Positive working culture with friendly and helpful management”
- “Firm has a willingness to embrace and adapt to changes”
A Tech Lead shares that AIA has a:
“cool tech stack. Nice boss who I learnt a lot from. Open, transparent and pushes for Agile. Convenient location. Good benefits.”
Find jobs at AIA here: AIA Careers Singapore
Source: Marketing Interactive
Here’s what HubSpot employees love about their company:
- “Leadership focuses a lot on employee development”
- “Salaries are above market standards”
- “HubSpot has one of the best medical plans which does not require a health screening to be eligible.”
- “Majority of my colleagues are wonderful people and many of us have formed great friendships due to the culture of the office. We have team-bonding outings and activities, some sponsored by the company and some by our manager/team budget.”
- “We have a well stocked pantry with snacks, ice cream, fruits, drinks, cold brew coffee, cold brew tea and even beer – all for free!”
A Customer Support Specialist shares:
“HubSpot values learning and growing – and it practices what it preaches. As a HubSpotter, I have always felt like my job was being valued. Additionally, It’s surprising to see how the leadership focuses a lot on the personal development of all employees, and I see myself growing as much as I want to in HubSpot. Never want to leave this place!”
Find jobs at HubSpot Singapore here: HubSpot Careers Singapore
9. J.P. Morgan
Source: Glassdoor Singapore
Here’s what J.P. Morgan employees have to say about their company:
- “The firm offers a lot of opportunities for employees of all levels to progress or to learn new skills or products”
- “Great opportunities for networking or connecting”
- “Flexible to move teams with the firm”
- “Great culture in the firm as many people are willing to help each other and there are many firm events to participate in”
A Vice President shares that J.P. Morgan has “high caliber employees”, and is a “competitive, inspiring and inclusive workplace.”
Find jobs at J.P. Morgan Singapore here: J.P. Morgan Careers Singapore
10. HP Inc.
Source: Tech in Asia
Hear what HP Inc. employees have to say about their work environment:
- “Good work-life balance for employees”
- “Strong people-oriented culture with trust and respect in place”
- “No politics!”
- “Good travel opportunities if you like that”
An Engineer describes his experience:
“HP’s work culture is great! People are supportive of one another and take the time to teach others. With extensive IP around microfluidics and best in class innovation in personal systems, we also have a strong business outlook beyond print and PCs.”
Start your HP Singapore career here: HP Careers Singapore
It’s interesting that most of the firms that made the list are tech companies. Do these companies appeal to you? Thinking of applying for a job here?
Be warned – ALL these top companies are highly competitive.
You need an outstanding Resume and Cover Letter to get noticed from among the hundreds and thousands of applicants.
What are you waiting for? Get started on your application documents!
For inspiration, here are some proven Cover Letter examples that have actually landed our clients interviews at big companies like Facebook.
Top 18 More Attractive Companies To Work For in 2023
- Changi Airport Group
- Danaher Corporation
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Emerson Asia Pacific
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Marina Bay Sands
- Pratt and Whitney
- Procter & Gamble
- Resorts World Sentosa
- Singapore Airlines
Singapore’s Best Employers survey (The Straits Times and Statista)
Here’s another list of top companies to work for in Singapore, from a survey jointly conducted by The Straits Times and Statista.
The top 10 companies are listed below:
|#6||Healthway Medical Group|
|#7||Singapore American School|
|#10||Bangkok Bank Singapore|
How Best Companies Are Analyzed in Singapore
Respondents were asked if they would recommend their own employer.
All companies with at least 200 employees are eligible for the ranking.
They then evaluated employee value proposition drivers, such as salary, benefits, work atmosphere, job content, and other factors.
In addition, they were surveyed on how they felt about various aspects of their jobs.
This includes whether they are proud of the product or service their company offers, if the company pays a good salary, and whether men and women have the same opportunities for advancement.
The evaluation is usually based on 2 criterias:
The researched assessed the willingness of respondents to refer friends and family.
Employees are questioned about their willingness to recommend other employers within their industry.
Respondents were presented with a list of pre-screened employers by industry and asked to comment on any that stood out favourably or unfavourably.
The top positions are held by international firms.
Firms with at least 200 employees were eligible to be added to the list.
Curious if your company made the list? Here’s the full list of 150 companies here.
Common Questions about Singapore Companies
Which is the best company to work for in Singapore?
Though it is subjective, Google is often considered as the best company to work for in Singapore – they routinely come at the top of independent researcher’s lists of the top companies.
Which companies pay the most in Singapore?
There are various companies that pay well in Singapore, as the average salary is one of the highest in the world. Such companies include Google, Facebook and other software companies.
Which work is demand in Singapore?
At the present, two interesting fields that have grown in demand are AI and digital marketing – they can be intertwined together. Of course, engineers and developers are always in demand.
What is the top 1% income in Singapore?
According to Business Insider, you need an income in excess of $700,000 a year to be considered in the top 1% of earners in Singapore.
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
- Best Places to Work in Singapore 2020, Glassdoor
- Singapore’s Best Employers 2020 survey, The Straits Times and Statista
- How to Write a Cover Letter in 2023 | Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide - November 2, 2023
- 11 Secret Resume Tips To Improve Your Resume - October 29, 2023
- How To Write Great Achievements In Your Resume (with Examples) - September 16, 2023