Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Brand Manager in Singapore.
WILMA WU SHEN
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Seasoned marketing professional with exceptional track record in marketing, brand management and strategic analysis for FMCG brands
- Effective at conceptualising marketing plans through creative and innovative thinking and executing brand marketing campaigns aimed to establish brand awareness, increase sales, and grow overall revenue of organisation
- Proven track record for identifying and capitalising on new business opportunities through strategic brand positioning and implementation of effective marketing programs
- Strong understanding of consumer, customer, and shopper markets across countries within APAC region
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills towards building relationships at all organizational levels. Strong team player in supporting multi-functional teams to achieve business goals.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. If you can quantify your current role and mention it on the summary, it will help scale your current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Brand Management||Market Analysis & Research|
|Strategic Marketing||Consumer Strategies|
|New Product Development, Innovation & Launch||Strategy Planning & Implementation|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key brand management and marketing phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
PROCTER & GAMBLE, SINGAPORE
- Lead team of 4 executives in managing annual budget of USD 100 million to drive growth for male and female skin and hair care brands, including Olay, Head & Shoulders, Pantene, Vidal Sassoon, Clairol, Ivory, and Old Spice. [This is the perfect opening line as it speaks about size of team, budget, and clearly states the focus of responsibility. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly the role Wilma has done.]
- Develop global and regional brand management strategy for products including ATL, BTL, public relations, and sponsorship for both overall brand and product brands. Translate global brand concepts to regional level and integrate all aspects of brand marketing to achieve cohesive uniform message across markets. [Toss in a bit of brand marketing jargon to show you’re in the know.]
- In charge of tactical execution of brand’s marketing communication initiatives in support of business strategy market goals and organization objectives as part of new customers acquisition.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues. Recommend and tailor product strategies to ensure maximum margins and market share for each brand
- Monitor and analyse product landscape using retail audit data to provide accurate forecast planning and consumer insights.
- Grew sales of haircare and skincare products to an all time high of USD $500 million (10% YOY increase) through roll out of new sub lines, targeting niche consumer preference in diverse SEA market. [Cite metrics to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Achieved 30% increase in skin and hair care products online sales brand by liaising with digital marketing team, conducting extensive market research, and tailoring of marketing materials to captivate target audience. [The more data you can show, the better.]
- Led expansion of Olay products in China, India, and Australia through targeted marketing and branding campaigns
- Worked with lifestyle and health magazines in Singapore and online media outlets for PR launches. Instrumental in increasing social media followers for skin and hair care products online accounts by 300% collectively
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance & Marketing), National University of Singapore | 2010
- Technical Skills: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Photoshop
- Languages: English and Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Brand Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Brand Manager Role
Branding is an important part of any sales and marketing strategy. It creates identity, conveys a message, and establishes trust to a specific product or service. Brand managers, therefore, are crucial in many organisations in Singapore.
To create a CV that stands out and helps you “brand” yourself as an ideal candidate, follow our guide on how to write a brand manager resume sample.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Brand Manager Resumes
- Speak about your background in brand and marketing management. You can support this by mentioning brands you’ve worked for and how you were able to establish and/or increase brand recall, sales, and revenue.
- Show your creative side. As a brand manager, you should be able to demonstrate how you’re instrumental in developing branding and communications materials, including logos, copy, and and overall branding strategies.
- Make sure to highlight deep familiarity with marketing tools. Are you well versed in all the latest A/B testing tools and methodologies? Brand marketing is evolving faster so prove that you’re on top of these changes.
Brand Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Results from brand marketing may be difficult to quantify. However, if you can, cite metrics that can prove the success of your branding campaigns. These may include increase in foot traffic to physical store, increase in web traffic to online portal, and/or sales and revenue growth.
- Speak about projects you’ve done and campaigns you’ve managed to add efficiency to the team. A large part of marketing is speed. If you can make your teams roll out campaigns faster, you’ll be a tremendous asset to the organisation.
Brand Manager Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Brand Manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!