Customer Service or Call Center Resume Sample
Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an Call Center Representative in Singapore.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Call Center Role
- What Hiring Managers Look For In Call Center Resumes
- Call Center Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Call Center CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Call Center Representative resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently. As you’d expect, one of the main responsibilities of a Call Center Rep is customer service. If you’ve got great customer service skills, you can definitely excel in this role.
- Seasoned call center professional with years of robust experience in providing excellent technical support and customer service to various blue-chip organisations worldwide
- Proven track record of surpassing quality standards and taking initiative to introduce strategies to streamline operations and increase efficiencies
- Strong inbound and outbound call center experience with strong technical skills and high-level proficiency in computers and automated systems. Consistent in meeting and exceeding targets
- Effective at resolving customer concerns and solidifying customer relationships
- Demonstrated strong team management skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to coordinate and liaise effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with call center and customer service phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Supervise team of 10 call center agents in taking calls, resolving concerns, and providing technical support to customers of key clients. [This is the perfect opening line as it speaks about size of team, and clearly states the focus of responsibility. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly the what the role is about.]
- In charge of handling company’s top corporate accounts. Manage collection of customer feedback, data analysis, and conceptualisation of new customer care strategies
- Collaborate closely with Technology team in order to assist customers resolve technical concerns. [Call center work is often about customer care, service, and support. Make sure to detail how you manage to provide these as shown in this line and below.]
- Key point of contact in identifying and solving problems. Instrumental in developing and implementing strategies such as added staff training to improve answering rate and meet overall targets
- Prepare and submit Daily Performance Reports to manager and senior executives; review agents’ performance and recommend candidates for promotions
- Managed customer complaints effectively and maintained overall SLA of 98% with less than 1% repeat complaints; resulted in high customer retention rates (attrition rate of 2%). [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Played key role in developing specialized reporting for top corporate accounts
- Successfully motivated team to ensure high customer retention and awarded “Best Retention Team” by Management [Mention awards you received and promotions you earned.]
- Demonstrated excellent performance and promotion to “Assistant Manager” in 2014
- Handled and managed all aspects of delivering customer service by phone to customers of clients providing transportation and logistics services. [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter.]
- Played integral role in processing, updating and managing immediate and advance booking requests from customers
- Managed phone line for fast and efficient dispatching of mechanic or towing assistance to fleet, government and private vehicles
- Assisted in handling Lost and Found Complaint line; required detailed documentation and searched for information using satellite-based programmes
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Vocational Training Council, Singapore | 2009
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, basic HTML
- Languages: English, Mandarin, and Bahasa Melayu
- Availability: 2 months’ notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Bonus Job Hunting Tips for Call Center
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Call Center Resumes
- Excellent Customer Service: Call center agents are normally the first point of contact of customers. It is, therefore, their responsibility to sort out all problems and queries raised by customers in a very desirable manner.
- Communication Skills: One of the critical requirements for call center staff is their excellent verbal and oral communication skills. Make sure to include statements that will support your exceptional langauage skills.
- Product / Service Knowledge: Aside from communications and customer service skills, make sure that you are also in the know for the products and/or services your clients are selling.
Additional Call Center Resume Writing Tips
- Create a performance-centric resume and highlight your achievements to quantify the success of each role you’ve handled. Keep in mind that you need to prove through your resume how you can be an asset to the next company or client you will be working for.
- Include technical skills and specialisations, as well as courses and training you’ve attended, in your resume. This will add strength to your profile and will help you land a better position within the call center firm.
Call Center Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.