Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Clerk in Singapore.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Clerk Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In Clerk Resumes
- Clerk Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Clerk CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Clerk resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently. It covers all of the relevant experience needed for the role that the candidate was applying for.
- Professional Clerk with 10 years of experience performing full secretarial duties and clerkship, serving senior executives in top Singapore companies
- Strong expertise in online research, data entry, and document management. Played pivotal role in improving existing filing system that significantly reduced 48 man hours per week
- Led migration of paper-based form processing to electronic document management system that improved employees’ productivity by 75% and reduced supply cost by 40%
- Perform full secretarial and clerkship duties to 20 professors in the Department of Business Administration. Overall in charge of events scheduling and management, attendance tracking, sourcing of substitute teachers, booking conference rooms, and recording of minutes of meetings [Opening line describes candidate’s primary responsibilities, and size of team being served.]
- Manage 2 junior clerks in performing general office administrative tasks and facilities management [This line demonstrates the candidate’s leadership skills in managing 2 direct reports.]
- Provide excellent customer support by responding timely to students’ and parents’ enquiries via phone, email, or face to face communication
- Assist with planning, communication, and execution of departmental events and activities
- Led migration of paper-based form processing to electronic document management system that improved employees’ productivity by 75% and reduced supply cost by 40% [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Played pivotal role in improving existing filing system that significantly reduced 48 man hours per week
- Promoted to Sr. Clerk in 2013 for excellent performance [Don’t be shy to mention your promotion. You’ve earned it!]
- Performed full personal assistant duties to Sales Director and provided support to 5 sales managers and 40 sales representatives in performing administrative tasks [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Managed all aspects of office operations, including facilities and supplies management, event organisation, local and international travel arrangements, and vendor and supplier compliance
- In charge of transcribing, recording, and communicating minutes of meeting
- Organizational Skills, Vocational Training Council | 2010
- Diploma in Info-Communication, Vocational Training Council | 2006
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Nationality: Singaporean
- Languages: Fluent in English, Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
About the Clerk Role
Office clerks perform a little bit of everything in the office. Depending on the nature of the work or the industry he or she is working in, a clerk may keep records, answer the phone, encode or process data, file documents, run errands, sort incoming mails, or simply undertake routine administrative duties.
Each clerk job varies according to the company and/or industry type. For instance, a court clerk will have different duties than one employed in a marketing firm. As you start to work as an office clerk, you will more likely be doing a little bit of everything. But as you gain more experience and skills, you will be able to specialise in a particular function or hold a position of clerk manager.
If you are planning to apply as a clerk in Singapore, this post will serve as your guide on how to write a resume that stands out from the competition.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Clerk Resumes
- Organisational Skills: Because clerks are expected to do multiple tasks at once, make sure to highlight on your CV that you can stay organized and focus on the projects at hand.
- Communication Skills: Additionally, since you may have to deal with different office employees, ensure that your excellent communication skills are evident in your resume.
- Technologically-Inclined: Demonstrate that you are familiar with or knowledgeable in using basic office tools, such as the computer, phone, copier, and fax machine.
- Keep your resume short and simple, but remember to include all relevant details of your current and past work experiences. Make sure to include significant accomplishments you were able to achieve, quantifying where it’s possible.
- Mention related courses you’ve taken, awards and certificates you’ve received, as well as office tools and technical skills you’re familiar with. All these will add strength to your overall profile as an office clerk and improve your chances of getting hired fast.
Admin Clerk Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.
- How to Write a Cover Letter in 2023 | Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide - November 2, 2023
- 11 Secret Resume Tips To Improve Your Resume - October 29, 2023
- How To Write Great Achievements In Your Resume (with Examples) - September 16, 2023