Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a data analyst in Singapore.
Tel.: +65 1234 5678 | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Former Financial Consultant turned Data Analyst with >5 years’ experience in data analytics, risk management, data mining and process improvement.
- Adept at identifying opportunities for enhancement to processes and operational efficiencies, leading to faster delivery times and continuous advancements.
- Strong leader and project manager; capable of handling teams of up to 10, taking on multiple projects, and establishing effective professional relationships with clients at all organizational levels.
- Secured time savings and risk control of ~70% by building and implementing automation processes after identifying potential bottleneck and streaming opportunities.
- Saved up to ~250k for Bank of Singapore by securing 4 additional data sources from other outlets, conducting feasibility tests and streamlining workflows to integrate new data sources.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role helps to give scale to the current responsibilities. The last bullet point is a fun one designed to give the candidate a bit of personality.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Project Management||Risk Management|
|Project Scoping||Business Development||Internal Controls|
|Digital Transformation||Data Mining||Client Relationship Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key phrases related to risk management, which are necessary to get past those scanners.]
BANK OF SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE
- Lead team of 10 to extract data-driven insights from 15 internal and external data sources. Oversees development of automation processes, mitigating operational risks and securing efficient acquisition of deliverables. [Opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role as it speaks about the size of the team and primary responsibility.]
- Resolve data integrity gaps by identifying root causes and refining workflows. Experienced in processing data using MATLAB, Strata, R, Microsoft Excel and SAS. [Elaborate which data analytics software you’re most experienced with.]
- Conduct continuous internal and external data quality checks to ensure problems are resolved via Best Practices.
- Liaise directly with clients and vendors to gather project requirements, outline deliverables and ensure KPIs are met on time, within budget.
- Secured time savings and risk control of ~70% by building and implementing automation processes after identifying potential bottleneck and streaming opportunities. [Talk about your contributions (and the approaches you took on to achieve them) to the company and how it affected the operations in the relevant locations where possible.]
- Saved up to ~250k for Bank of Singapore by securing 4 additional data sources from other outlets, conducting feasibility tests and streamlining workflows to integrate new data sources. [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
FINANCIAL ALLIANCE GROUP, SINGAPORE
- Responsible for distributing Group’s core financial products and growing national client base. Liaised directly with Department Wealth Manager to present monthly sales reports and propose improvements to grow clientele. [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Optimised prospect conversion rate using Microsoft Excel, Strata and R.
- Secured >100 leads in 6 months by using a data-driven approach to optimise prospect conversion rate.
- Awarded Department Best Overall Financial Advisor award for 4Q 2013.
- Promoted from Financial Advisor to Financial Consultant in 1 year.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) | Singapore Management University (SMU) | Singapore | 2012
- Diploma in Business | Republic Polytechnic | Singapore | 2009
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Excel, R, Strata, SAS, Tableau, MATLAB, Microsoft BI, Microsoft Outlook, Bloomberg Terminal, Thomson Reuters
- Languages: Fluent in English, Bahasa Melayu and Chinese
- Availability: 1 Month’s Notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Data Analyst Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Data Analyst Role
Data analysts have a knack for identifying insights from large swathes of data. They collect raw data from a variety of sources, and discern and examine data from different angles. Beyond drawing empirical data, data analysts must be skilled at cleaning, tweaking, processing and evaluating data to gather maximum insights from limited data and resources.
As a data analyst, you must also possess business acumen, critical thinking and intuition to synergise information and translate patterns from data into actionable insights for businesses.
Good communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills are critical. Data analysts are essentially storytellers, who must be able to share and articulate their findings effectively with the right stakeholders.
Because of the complex nature of the role, crafting a data analyst resume is rather unique.
What Hiring Managers Look Out For in Data Analyst Resumes:
Data is the new oil. With a global shift towards leveraging data-driven insights to make business decisions, the data analyst role is becoming increasingly popular. Across all industries, data-literate professionals have an undeniable edge over other colleagues.
To stand out as a data analyst,
- Support achievements in your resume with metrics. As a data analyst, it is imperative that you use data to give recruiters and employers a sense of scale of your past projects or career achievements.
- Demonstrate the key skills and technical skills you have experience with. There are hundreds of data analytics tools for professionals. Identify which tools you have the most experience with, and include these tools on your resume.
Additional Data Analyst Resume Writing Tips
- It may be tempting to flood your resume with metrics. After all, data analyst roles involve large volumes of data, right? But don’t forget to extract insights from your metrics! Use numbers to show employers concretely how you have leveraged data and insights to drive business results.
- Show that you can work both independently and as part of a larger team or department. Data analysts must make sense of messy swathes of data, and define and articulate their insights well to other organisational stakeholders. So apart from hard technical skills, recruiters and employers look for team players with excellent communication skills.
Data Analyst Job Opportunities
- Click here for top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore. Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any data analyst job vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips From Our Resident Headhunter
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?” As a Data Analyst, you can afford to be more creative in your cover letter. Check out some of these top creative cover letter examples that have actually scored interviews at Facebook, Airbnb and more!
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on data analyst resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!