Here is a sample resume we recently produced for a fresh graduate in Singapore.
Tel.: +65 3163 2960 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Finance graduate with stellar academic record looking to apply skills at leading banking institutions [This opening line perfectly summarises who you are and what your immediate career goals are]
- Extensive exposure to corporate culture through various internships in fortune 500 companies [This line gives hiring managers an idea that you’ve had a solid internship experience]
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to teams with minimal training; commended by superiors for contributions to firm during internship
- Extensive leadership experience through various co-curricular activities in university; strong research and analytical skills with keen ability to identify problems and develop solutions
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (First Class), University of New South Wales | 2012
- Dean’s list award in 2010 & 2011 for outstanding academic performance
- Top scorer for Accounting 1001 & Financial Marketing 2004 modules
[Include significant awards and recognition you’ve had in the university]
- Supported manager on full spectrum of marketing duties for PwC, including planning of programs, events management, conceptualization of marketing initiatives and general administrative assistance. [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about this role]
- Spearheaded analysis of branding opportunities through sponsorship avenues; analyzed marketplace and competitors, identified opportunities and recommended actionable items for senior management.
- Awarded distinction for outstanding performance during internship. [Including an achievement can add strength to your profile]
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: Fluent in English and French
- Availability: Immediate
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Do You Need Help With Your Fresh Grad Business CV?
Many fresh graduates find it difficult to craft their CV, especially those who have no prior work experience to show. Contrary to this, though, fresh graduate resumes are one of the easiest to produce. Let me show you how.
Key Pointers Recruiters Look For in a Fresh Graduate Resume:
- Demonstrable Skills and Experiences: If you have no prior work experience, make sure that you include internship experiences, community services, or any relevant activities where you can demonstrate essential abilities such as leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to Work with Various Stakeholders: As you cannot showcase yet your experience in working for large business environments, you can at least speak about how you were able to successfully work with different types of people such as professors, coaches, community leaders, other students, as well as local government officers.
- Transferable or Technical Skills: You may not have previous professional experience, but you can always highlight transferable skills you may have utilised while you were in the university such as auditing, marketing, writing, data entry, graphic designing, coding, and the likes.
Additional Fresh Graduate Resume Writing Tips
- The executive summary gives a quick overview of your work history. Thus, use this to communicate your strong work ethic, desire to learn and leadership abilities, if any. If you’ve got domain expertise in the field you’re applying for, do heavily emphasise that.
- Always break your work experiences into 2 parts – your daily workscope and your achievements. For the daily workscope, include a high level summary. Workscopes which are implied can be omitted. Remember, you want to keep your resume short and sharp for the recruiter.
- As a fresh grad, you might be a little lacking in work experience. As such, do include any volunteer or leadership experiences you’ve had, as well as training and seminars you’ve attended. This will help to differentiate your resume from that of your peers.
Fresh Graduate Job Opportunities
- It is always fun for fresh graduates to attend job fairs and career expos. Not only will you have a chance to submit your resume to potential employers, you will also get to see what the job market looks like and which companies are hiring. Be sure to bring many copies of your resume when attending job fairs, so you can be ready to apply to many positions available.
- Sign up to and scour websites like Indeed, JobsDB, or Jobstreet for jobs and opportunities available for fresh graduates. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Improve your chances of landing a job with good position and decent salary by attending knowledge-specific courses and applying for certifications. Be sure to speak about these on your resume to further strengthen your profile.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Keep working hard. Get ahead of the competition.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on fresh graduate resume sample useful, you might also like: