Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a PPC Manager in Singapore.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the PPC Manager Role
- What Hiring Managers Look For In PPC Manager
- PPC Manager Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
PPC Manager CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full PPC Manager resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
- Digital Marketing Professional with almost 10 years of track record in driving performance across portfolio of online marketing programs, specialising in pay-per-click management on Google, Yahoo, and Facebook platforms
- Demonstrated ability to set up converting PPC campaigns and optimise bids according to sales and marketing targets. Successfully improved PPC performance of AsiaTravel to over 90%, generating up to 75% ROI on marketing campaigns and securing USD 500,000 upsells to date
- Proven track record in analysing and interpreting key metrics to generate significant increase. Generated over USD 350,000 for Regent Singapore during first 3 months of set up
- Work with team of 12 digital marketing staff in organising and executing online marketing campaigns for AsiaTravel web portal. Manage annual marketing budget of USD 250’000 for PPC ad placements on Google, Yahoo, and Facebook platforms [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about this role as it clearly states the size of the team, budget, and main responsibilities]
- Set up new targeted PPC campaigns and continuously optimise ‘Always On’ campaigns to increase conversions, reduce costs, and achieve monthly ROI. Create and submit monthly advertising performance report to Head of Digital Marketing
- Perform keyword research, competitor analysis, bid adjustment, and ad copy optimisation according to overall marketing objectives to reach set targets [Toss is a bit of digital marketing jargon to show that you are in the know.]
- Design and optimise landing pages to achieve 100% ad scent and 10/10 quality score of ads, reducing CPC and improving click and conversion rates [A good PPC manager knows how to manager landing page design and optimisation.]
- Successfully improved PPC performance of AsiaTravel to over 90%, generating up to 75% ROI on marketing campaigns and securing USD 500,000 USD upsells to date [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Overhauled existing Google Adwords account with 60+ campaigns, including restructuring campaigns, optimising ad groups and keywords, bid adjustment, editing ad copy, and performing A/B testing within 14 days.
- Spearheaded full spectrum of PPC advertising for one of Singapore’s leading hotels; in charged of managing accounts on Google AdWords and Facebook Ad Manager, managing annual marketing budget of USD 150’000 [Simple, clear overview of the job you have previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about more junior workscopes.]
- Responsible for performing keyword research, campaign set up, bid adjustment, ad copy creation, and A/B testing
- Liaised closely with Graphic Design team in producing banners and images for Facebook, following advertising guidelines and best practices
- Single-handedly created Google AdWords and Facebook advertising accounts for Regent Singapore in 2 weeks within time and budget restraints
- Regularly monitored and optimised PPC accounts, and performed A/B testing that increased clicks by 65%, improved conversions by 40%, and reduced cost per click by 82%. Generated over USD 350,000 of online booking sales during first 3 months of set up [Support the success of your campaigns by sharing quantifiable metrics.]
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Marketing (Hons), Singapore University, Singapore| 2007
- Google Adwords Certification (Fundamentals), Google Inc, 2015
- Google Adwords Certification (Advanced and Display), Google Inc, 2015
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Google AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, Yahoo Search Marketing, HootSuite, Google Analytics, ClickFunnels
- Languages: English, Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin, Cantonese
- Availability: 1 months’ notice
References available upon request
Bonus Job Hunting Tips for PPC Manager
Pay-per-click (PPC) managers are the masters of online advertising. They are not only familiar with the concepts of online marketing, but are also experienced managing, utilizing, and optimising an advertising budget in order to create conversions, reach targets, and get a good ROI.
The expertise of PPC managers lies on any online advertising tool or platform designed with the pay-per-click model. The most popular of these include Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, and Yahoo Search Marketing.
As many companies in Singapore started to establish their presence and advertise online, I have met a lot of really good PPC specialists from various organisations. However, looking at their CVs, many can’t fully showcase their excellence and present their strong qualifications.
On this post, we will present a guide on how to write a resume for PPC Managers with a sample CV that you can refer to.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in PPC Manager
- Ability to Manage & Optimise Budget Effectively: PPC managers are given monthly or quarterly budget that they need to spend wisely. Therefore, a good one should be able plan strategically even before utilizing the budget. He should consider factors such as target audience, maximum bids, cost per click, conversions, and ROI forecasts.
- Ability to Write Strong & Captivating Copy: While some PPC managers depend on another person or team for the production of ad copy and marketing materials, it would be great if one is already knowledgeable in the best practices of online ad copywriting. This way, he can make immediate or quick adjustments on the copy when necessary.
- Knowledge / Exposure to Different Online Advertising Tools: Highlight your knowledge on which tools you are capable of working on or have experienced using in the past. This way, hiring managers will have an idea of what you can help them with.
- Online marketing and advertising experts are often defined by the successes of the campaigns they implement. Make sure to mention and discuss about campaigns that have brought impact to the companies you’ve worked for. Mention the budget you handled vs. actual spend, lowest CPCs you achieved (and how you were able to do this), conversions and ROI.
- List down all the online tools and platforms you know, as well as the technical skills you have. It is always a plus for HR managers to hire a PPC specialist who also has the ability to do basic web design or HTML development.
PPC Manager Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.