Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Sales Associate Role in Singapore.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Sales Associate Role
- What Hiring Managers Look For In Sales Associate Resumes
- Sales Associate Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Sales Associate CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Sales Associate resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
- Retail sales professional with 4 years’ experience working across luxury ladies’ wear brands. Deep knowledge in fashion trends and products
- Consistent track record of surpassing sales targets. Skilled in handling full spectrum of retail operations including inventory management, visual merchandising, and customer relations
- Proactive team player with excellent and communication and interpersonal skills in servicing high-end clients
- Manage all aspects of daily storefront operations and visual merchandising of leading women apparel in Singapore, including inventory control and cashier duties [This is a strong opening line as it clearly states the focus of responsibility.]
- Oversee and conduct weekly stock take and inventory quality checks in ensuring timely, accurate reporting to management on stock levels. Manage and document all stock replenishment orders [Toss in some technical and sales-related jargon here.]
- Deliver excellent service and establish strong rapport with customers. Understand customers’ preferences and offer ideal recommendations accordingly to gain repeat business [Speak about sales strategies to close sales with customers and help improve overall business.]
- Achieved a 20% increase in repeat shoppers in 2014, which contributed to an overall annual revenue growth of 15% within the Singapore market [Cite metrics where you can to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Took charge of the upkeep and cleanliness of the retail shop in accordance to housekeeping standards. Managed store operations through meticulous planning of shifts and organisation of weekly meetings for sales updates [While staff training or planning rosters may not be directly part of retail sales, talking about your experience on these demonstrate management and organisational skills.]
- Oversaw sales progress and stock take in store, including consolidating transactions, replenishing and ordering items when required
- Maintained selling floor presentations and assisted in visual merchandising of shop display, updating it at the start of every season
- Identified slow selling items and initiated action in restyling shop display, which resulted in a 10% increase in overall retail sales [Citing initiatives which have contributed to the company’s profits demonstrates your proactive personality, something employers view as an asset to have.]
- Diploma in Retail Management, Singapore Polytechnic University | 2012
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Languages: English, Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
About the Sales Associate Role
When applying for a sales associate position, employers don’t just look at how good you are in achieving targets. There are demands to the retail industry, such as long working hours and customers’ requests that not everyone can meet.
It will also put you in an advantageous position if you are able to highlight skill sets potential companies are looking for in a sales associate. Employers are interested to see if you listen well to customers’ needs, if you are dependable and resourceful, and if you are able to deliver a great shopping experience that drives sales results.
On this post, I will share how you can put together a great sales associate resume that would give you an edge in landing your dream job.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Sales Associate Resumes
- Sales Knowledge and Experience: You’ll have a higher chance of getting considered if you have na actual experience in translating product knowledge into sales. If, however, you are a fresh graduate or an entry-level candidate for a sales position, make sure to include previous projects or roles that demonstrates your ability to successfully sell or pitch something (like an idea or a solution) to other people. Sales is not just about seling a product, but offering value to customers.
- Customer Care: Make sure to highlight your ability to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction by mentioning positive results of your actions such as commendations, positive feedback, as well as awards.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You can easily close a deal and generate sales if you can express yourself and communicate well to customers. Be sure to show this on your CV through past work experiences, related courses taken, and/or awards and recognitions received.
- Make sure to highlight on your CV how you were able to drive growth and increase sales by identifying strategies you implemented, quantifying your achievements where possible.
- Showcase your leadership experience where possible. If you’ve had experience leading a team of junior sales associates, do mention that in more detail. This will give you an edge in applying for a senior sales associate or even managerial position.
Sales Associate Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go… Common Questions about Sales Associate Resumes
What should I put on my resume for sales associate?
Every resume needs to show off your prior experience in both the professional and educational field. It should also include an executive summary talking about your best assets.
What are sales associate skills?
The most highly regarded skills for a sales associate are organisation skills, communication skills and a highly level of interpersonal skills too. Being personable is often considered the key when it comes to sales, so it’s important that you have the ability to talk with others.
How do I describe my sales experience?
Some people find that sales experience isn’t as easy to describe, but if you can it’s best to use figures and data of your past results. Saying that you’ve “managed X amount of people” or that you’ve “achieved sales amounting to $1,000,000” is the best way to do this.
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.