Here is a sample resume we recently produced for an Administrative Support Officer in Singapore.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT OFFICER
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Singaporean
- Senior Administrative Executive with 5 years’ experience serving top management and performing full spectrum of administrative functions for over 200 employees in MNCs, including Xiaomi and Unilever
- Proven ability to multitask. Strong expertise in overseeing end-to-end procurement, management for purchase orders, invoices, sales and other reports, and providing secretarial support to CEOs and MDs
- Service-oriented team player with excellent interpersonal skills towards building relationships across organisational levels and cultures
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Mentioning the type of companies you’ve worked for or the customer base you’ve served helps to give scale to your current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Administrative Support||Secretarial Functions|
|Stakeholder Management||Customer Relationship Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key administrative-related phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
XIAOMI INC, SINGAPORE
- Lead team of 6 junior administrative officers in managing full spectrum of duties related to the Administrative and Purchasing Department, including stock management, logistics, and delivery of phones to local retail outlets [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about the role as it mentions the size of the team, the core responsibilities of the candidate and the scale of work involved.]
- Negotiate renewal of contracts with retailers to gain optimum profit margins for company. Propose and implement a comprehensive set of administration policies for retailers, distributors, and third-party sellers [This line demonstrates the candidate’s negotiation and organisational expertise.]
- Validate and control Purchase Order Process to firmly ensure smooth and proper functioning of administration department. Coordinate services of in-house delivery team in providing efficient and prompt service to all retailers
- Played significant role in building up and stabilising the Singapore office within 3 months.
- Promoted from contract staff to holding permanent role in March 2015 [Don’t be shy to talk about your promotions and achievements! It’s something to be proud of and it also shows that you are a high performing employee.]
- Provided secretarial and administrative support to CEO, CFO, and Managing Director of Unilever Singapore [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Supported HR & Admin Manager in all aspects of administrative functions including applications of work permits, employment staff, performance review exercise, salary administration, and manpower planning [Toss in some HR and admin jargon here.]
- Oversaw preparation of sales agreement, quotations, process orders, deliveries and preparation work for global business leadership conferences and education seminars
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Supply Chain & Materials Management, Singapore Institute of Materials Management, Singapore | 2011
- Technical Skills: Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Outlook Express
- Languages: Fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Bahasa
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Administrative Support Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Administrative Support Role
Administrative officers are needed to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations within the company. They act as a point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. This is also why they are the unsung heroes of an organisation.
A great administrative officer, one who is highly organised, responsible, is able to solve problems and has fluent communication skills will always be in demand.
If you are applying for an admin role, it is important that you highlight such traits in your resume. Today, we are sharing how you can craft an impressive administrative officer resume according to our best practices.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in Administrative Support Resumes
- Your experience in managing a wide spectrum of administrative functions including handling office inventory, crafting reports, making travel arrangements and organising company databases
- Your ability to effectively communicate with senior executives, directors, and managers
- Your initiatives in saving company’s budget and improving employees’ productivity from cost-effective programmes you’ve implemented
Additional Administrative Support Resume Writing Tips
- Share some of the initiatives you have implemented in your company that have helped to reduce operational costs and/or increased productivity. Be sure to include statistics or metrics to quantify your achievements where possible.
- Summarise your work scopes while giving enough details. For instance, instead of writing that you are in charge of booking air tickets or looking for rental homes for expatriate colleagues, simply sum it up by saying that you oversee all of their relocation arrangements.
- Finally, speak about administrative courses you have attended, certifications you have received, and tools and software you are familiar with that serves your role.
Admin Support Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Enrol in secretarial and office administration training programmes and courses from institutions such as MDIS, Skillsfuture, and Singapore Manufacturing Federation to help you boost your qualification as an administrative support professional.
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Marketing Manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!