Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a call center representative in Singapore.
EMMA CHOI LING
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Seasoned call center professional with years of robust experience in providing excellent technical support and customer service to various blue-chip organisations worldwide
- Proven track record of surpassing quality standards and taking initiative to introduce strategies to streamline operations and increase efficiencies
- Strong inbound and outbound call center experience with strong technical skills and high-level proficiency in computers and automated systems. Consistent in meeting and exceeding targets
- Effective at resolving customer concerns and solidifying customer relationships
- Demonstrated strong team management skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to coordinate and liaise effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Highlighting your customer service experience and other call center functions you’ve had in the executiv summary will help you establish an ideal profile for the call center industry.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Customer Service||Goal Setting|
|Technical Support||Administrative Tasks|
|Inbound & Outbound Support||Strategic Decision Making|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with call center and customer service phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
GLOBAL TELESERVICES, SINGAPORE
- Supervise team of 10 call center agents in taking calls, resolving concerns, and providing technical support to customers of key clients. [This is the perfect opening line as it speaks about size of team, and clearly states the focus of responsibility. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly the what the role is about.]
- In charge of handling company’s top corporate accounts. Manage collection of customer feedback, data analysis, and conceptualisation of new customer care strategies
- Collaborate closely with Technology team in order to assist customers resolve technical concerns. [Call center work is often about customer care, service, and support. Make sure to detail how you manage to provide these as shown in this line and below.]
- Key point of contact in identifying and solving problems. Instrumental in developing and implementing strategies such as added staff training to improve answering rate and meet overall targets
- Prepare and submit Daily Performance Reports to manager and senior executives; review agents’ performance and recommend candidates for promotions
- Managed customer complaints effectively and maintained overall SLA of 98% with less than 1% repeat complaints; resulted in high customer retention rates (attrition rate of 2%). [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Played key role in developing specialized reporting for top corporate accounts
- Successfully motivated team to ensure high customer retention and awarded “Best Retention Team” by Management [Mention awards you received and promotions you earned.]
- Demonstrated excellent performance and promotion to “Assistant Manager” in 2014
- Handled and managed all aspects of delivering customer service by phone to customers of clients providing transportation and logistics services. [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter.]
- Played integral role in processing, updating and managing immediate and advance booking requests from customers
- Managed phone line for fast and efficient dispatching of mechanic or towing assistance to fleet, government and private vehicles
- Assisted in handling Lost and Found Complaint line; required detailed documentation and searched for information using satellite-based programmes
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore | 2009
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Customer Service or Call Center Resume Sample above?
About the Customer Service or Call Center Role
We’ve seen the rise and continuous development of call centers around the world over the last decade. Even first world countries like Singapore welcomed the call center phenomenon with open arms.
Over the past few years, the call center has evolved into a primary customer service channel. This means that call center operations is no longer just about phone-to-phone communications with customers. It now encompasses customer service, CRM, agent management, as well as software-based PBX.
This also means that call centers around the world, Singapore included, open more doors of opportunities and attract more and more job seekers who wish to grow their career.
If you are one of the many job seekers looking into applying to call and contact centers in Singapore, here’s a comprehensive guide on how to write a call center resume for the Singapore market.
What Hiring Managers Look For in Customer Service or Call Center Resumes
- Excellent Customer Service: Call center agents are normally the first point of contact of customers. It is, therefore, their responsibility to sort out all problems and queries raised by customers in a very desirable manner.
- Communication Skills: One of the critical requirements for call center staff is their excellent verbal and oral communication skills. Make sure to include statements that will support your exceptional langauge skills.
- Product / Service Knowldege: Aside from communications and customer service skills, make sure that you are also in the know for the products and/or services your clients are selling.
Additional Customer Service or Call Center Resume Writing Tips
- Create a performance-centric resume and highlight your achievements to quantify the success of each role you’ve handled. Keep in mind that you need to prove through your resume how you can be an asset to the next company or client you will be working for.
- Include technical skills and specialisations, as well as courses and training you’ve attended, in your resume. This will add strength to your profile and will help you land a better position within the call center firm.
Customer Service or Call Center Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Call Center resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!