Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Data Scientist in Singapore:
| +65 1234 5678 | email@example.com | Singaporean |
Dear Hiring Manager,
[If you know the name of the Hiring Manager, address them directly. LinkedIn job ads often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Data Scientist
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Manager, Data Scientist at XYZ Co. Through my 7-year career, I’ve come to specialise in data mining, machine learning and predictive modelling, and have led a wide range of data science projects across multiple industries including Healthcare, Finance, Telecommunications and Education. Indeed, I’m highly familiar with leading client engagements to translate client requirements into data science products and develop implementation roadmaps. [Match your skills and strengths to the job and industry requirements, and include a brief overview of your experience. Share metrics if you have them to provide context and scale for your work]
- Presently, I am an Advanced Analytics Manager with ABC Bank, where I build predictive analytics models to drive analytics capabilities for the consumer banking, business and investment banking divisions. In addition, I interface with non-technical teams to identify improvement areas and communicate statistical results in an easy-to-understand and business relevant manner.
- Amongst my various achievements during my tenure, I am most proud of having attained a 6X increase in customer acquisition by using look-alike and propensity modelling to study consumer demographics, credit card usage patterns and consumer spending behaviour. I have also boosted customer retention by 20% by leveraging predictive modelling and advanced machine learning techniques. [Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
XYZ Co. is known for its use of embedded analytics and artificial intelligence to drive investment decisions and capital allocation strategies. My background in statistics and actuarial science, coupled with my practical experience in using consumer big data to increase customer satisfaction and improve operational efficiency will allow me to contribute effectively to XYZ Co.’s continued growth, particularly by developing highly effective predictive models to generate revenue opportunities and improve both financial and non-financial performance. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ Co. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +65 1234 5678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Finally, end your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide your contact details.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Data Scientist Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Data Scientist Role
By working closely with business stakeholders, data scientists develop an understanding of business goals, and determine how data can be used to achieve those goals. They design data modeling processes, create algorithms and predictive models to extract and extrapolate the data needed by the business. They then help analyse the data and share their insights with stakeholders.
The data scientist role is one that melds the disciplines computer science, modeling, statistics, analytics, math, plus a strong business acumen. After all, data scientists are responsible for estimating the unknown – they uncover answers to major questions, helping businesses make strategic decisions.
What is the difference between a Data Scientist and Data Analyst?
Both data analysts and data scientists play key roles in helping businesses make objective decisions informed by data. But here’s the difference.
Data scientists, as mentioned above, predict the unknown by designing data modeling processes, creating algorithms and predictive models, and performing custom analysis. On the other hand, data analysts examine large data sets to identify trends and patterns, derive insights, and present their insights visually.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Data Scientist Cover Letters
Here are our top Data Scientist Cover Letter writing tips:
- Demonstrate how the predictive models and algorithms you’ve created have steered business decisions to achieve concrete results.
- Good communication skills are absolutely critical! Data Scientists have to communicate across diverse audiences at all organisational levels – show that you’re proficient working and interfacing with these key stakeholders.
- Single out your best achievements – metrics are crucial! Use numbers to substantiate the scale of the project you have managed or supported, and quantify the project’s success.
Data Scientist Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Your Cover Letter is your golden ticket of opportunity to your dream career. Download our Cover Letter template and follow our Ultimate Cover Letter Guide to stand out!
- Get inspired by these winning Cover Letter examples that have actually landed our clients jobs at the likes of Airbnb, Facebook, and more.
- Of course, a stellar resume is just as essential to your job hunt! Create a WINNING Resume and send it along with your Cover Letter.
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year
- Why not get some extra help in your job search journey? The Singapore government has some great job search support programmes and resources that you could benefit from.
- Before you start sending out applications, why not get a free CV Feedback Session with our team?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on General Manager Cover Letter sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!