Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Fresh Graduate in Singapore:
| +65 9039 2970 | email@example.com |
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
[If you know the name of the Hiring Manager, personalise your application by addressing the person directly. Job ads on LinkedIn, for example, display the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Advertising Account Executive
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Advertising Account Executive at ABC Agency. With 6 months’ experience in internship programs, I’ve developed extensive client servicing skills through supporting key accounts across food services, FMCG and aviation sectors. Besides acquiring deep understanding of client relations and brands’ marketing needs, I’ve also gained first-hand experience coordinating campaigns, and oversaw entire campaign lifecycles from conceptualisation to delivery. Being a fast and proactive learner, I am positive that working at ABC Agency will be a great opportunity for me to continue growing my expertise. [Identify your best skills that fit the job ad and role, and include this in your overview of your internship stints. Detail key responsibilities that are also reflected in the ad.]
- I am currently a fresh graduate from the National University of Singapore’s Communications and New Media programme, actively seeking opportunities to kick-start my career in advertising. Through my passion and experience, I was appointed Marketing Lead of my university’s student-run magazine Z Magazine, and have successfully led multiple marketing campaigns for fundraisers. I am most proud of initiating a partnership with local NGO JKL Organisation, working closely with JKL’s marketing team to manage a social media campaign that raised SGD15K within 1 week. [You can also highlight co-curricular and other school activities, if they are relevant to job requirements. Include metrics, if available, to show impact of your achievements! These help you stand out and compel recruiters to read on.]
- My most notable internship experience was working with Saatchi & Saatchi, where I managed a budget of up to SGD50K and oversaw smooth execution of 6 print campaigns for international airline Emirates. Significantly, I played a key role in bringing Cadbury’s “Flying License” TVC to life, with active involvement in pre-production, production, and post-production. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role. Highlight key internship or working experiences and achievements that are directly relevant to the target role. Include metrics to show context and scale for your contributions.]
ABC Agency is globally known for its award-winning creative work, and unmatched roster of prominent clients including McDonald’s and Johnson & Johnson. My strong academic background in Communication & New Media, focused on Advertising and Marketing, coupled with practical experience from my internship programs, will allow me to contribute effectively to ABC Agency’s continued growth and performance, particularly by generating out-of-the-box ideas for distinctive and impactful campaigns, and developing fruitful relationships with clients. [Address the company, explain why they matter, and mention how your skills and experiences can contribute to their success. You may also highlight academic modules and motivations that add value to your application. This shows your initiative and enthusiasm as a promising candidate.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned organisation and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value I can bring to ABC Agency. I appreciate your time and kind consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +65 9039 2970 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Always end your Cover Letter with a call-to-action. Show excitement to meet the potential recruiter and offer ways you can be contacted.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Fresh Graduate Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About Applying for Roles as a Fresh Graduate
Congratulations, you’ve reached a major life milestone!
It’s now time to officially begin your first career!
Fresh graduates often spend hours labouring over their CV to make sure it’s perfect, but treat their Cover Letter as an afterthought.
They cannot be more wrong!
You need BOTH your CV and a stellar Cover Letter to stand out.
The Cover Letter leaves a lasting impression – it allows the recruiter to get to know you on a deeper level, and emphasises the value you can bring to your new company.
It may seem tricky to craft an impactful entry-level Cover Letter with limited working experience, but there are ways to highlight your strengths and potential, and show that you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
Learn how to write a Cover Letter for a fresh graduate here:
What Hiring Managers Look for in a Fresh Graduate Cover Letter
Here are our top Fresh Graduate Cover Letter writing tips:
- Work and Internship Experiences: Definitely include these, if you have them! Talk about what you’ve learnt from these stints, key skills you’ve developed, and major projects you were part of. If possible, weave in metrics to establish context for your work, and show the impact of your contributions.
- Demonstrable Skills and Experiences: If you don’t have prior work experience, fret not! Make sure you include your co-curricular activities/achievements, community service and other significant pursuits that are relevant to the role you’re applying, or where you can demonstrate essential abilities such as leadership and communication skills.
- Relevant Academic Modules and Coursework: Consider highlighting relevant coursework or modules you’ve done in university to demonstrate your interest and theoretical foundation in these areas – particularly if you don’t have prior work experience.
- Transferable or Technical Skills: You can always highlight transferable skills you’ve used or picked up at university, such as auditing, marketing, writing, data entry, graphic design, coding, etc.
- Ability to Work with Various Stakeholders: You might not be able to show your experience working in large corporate environments, but you can talk about how you’ve worked with different types of people – your professors, community leaders, other students etc. These speak to skills such as leadership, communication skills, teamwork, time management, creative problem-solving, and so on.
- Always customise your Cover Letter! Don’t distribute the same Cover Letter to every recruiter. You MUST show that you know the company, and tailor your CV towards it. This personalised approach helps you stand out from other applicants and shows your eagerness regarding the opportunity.
Fresh Graduate Job Opportunities
- Scour these top job search sites or complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started. Specifically for millennials or fresh graduates, portals such as TalentTribe could be helpful.
- Career Fairs are a great opportunity to meet companies that are looking for young talent. Amid the current situation and job market, virtual career fairs are becoming common. Explore virtual career fairs and other government job search support schemes for fresh graduates here.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill, or leverage these top recruitment agencies and executive search firms.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Your Cover Letter is your golden ticket of opportunity to your dream career. Download our Cover Letter template and follow our Ultimate Cover Letter Guide to learn how to stand out from the competition!
- With your Cover Letter, depending on the industry you’re applying to, you can afford to let more of your personality shine through! Get inspired by these creative, winning Cover Letter examples that have actually landed our clients jobs at the likes of Airbnb, Facebook, and more.
- Of course, a stellar resume is just as essential to your job hunt! Learn how to write a Resume with no work experience, and send it along with your Cover Letter (click here for our in-depth CV writing guide). Do also check out our Fresh Graduate Resume Sample here.
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Find out what you should be earning this year to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry.
- Before you start sending out applications, why not get a free CV Feedback Session with our team?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Cover Letter samples for Fresh Graduates useful, you might also like:
- Fresh Graduate Resume Sample
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
Return to Ultimate Job Search Singapore Guide
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!