Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for an Electrical Engineer in Singapore.
Tel.: +43 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: American
- Experienced Electrical Engineer specialising in global energy operations, field construction project management, and asset management looking to apply skills in one of the leading engineering firms in Singapore
- Ability to lead and deliver large-scale global projects worth up to $30M+ with time and budget constraints
- Meticulous and hands-on in managing all aspects of field construction projects with strong commitment to safety as demonstrated by year-round incident-free on 2 rigs
- Possess can-do, results-driven attitude with proven track record in developing and maintaining a broad vision and meeting objectives
- Articulate communicator with ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels to build consensus
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role helps to give scale to the current responsibilities and past professional achievements. This is a good way for the hiring manager to quickly see the most relevant and impressive professional achievements.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Vendor Evaluation||Well Control|
|Root Cause Analysis||Field Construction Management|
|Redundant Intervention Reduction||Cross-Functional Team Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key phrases necessary to get past those scanners. Because the Electrical Engineering field can vary so widely, make sure to highlight your most relevant strengths and skills from the job ad here.]
ORIGIN ENERGY, AUSTRALIA
- Manage all aspects of field construction projects including preparation of cost estimates, development of engineering design, and field staff management [This is a good opening line as clearly states the focus of responsibility for this role.]
- Lead technical aspects of vendor evaluation for $40 million rod and rotating equipment [Mentioning budget and/or equipment value can help establish the size of the projects you worked on.]
- Perform and delivered root cause analyses and engineering reports when required
- Cultivate collaborative spirit between field engineers and applicable cross company personnel to ensure project success
- Develop new quality standards that enhance operational efficiency and reliability
- Delivered $37M+ projects on-time and under budget
- Achieved 365 days incident-free on 2 rigs while ensuring highest level of safety, health, and environment possible in all aspects of engineering design
- Reduced number of redundant interventions by 25% by designing and trialing new process. Tracked success/failure rate of technical solutions and upgrades to ensure most appropriate intervention technique was selected for future failures
[Always try to find ways to include actual numbers in your resume. It’s very important to quantify achievements so that hiring managers can see the impact of your work, the scope of your responsibilities and can relate your past work to their business. This is much more effective than general statements about job duties.]
- Managed logging operations on 20+ separate drilling rigs including scheduling and managing field crews, contractors, trucks and subsurface equipment, monitoring data quality and ensuring timely data delivery to clients for 100+ well sites [This is a perfect example of an opening bullet point. It demonstrates scope of work, quantifies projects, and clearly details responsibilities.]
- Oversaw extensive well control, technical and safety training and knowledge of field-based understanding of subsurface equipment
- Worked on rigs in different cities around the world, including Queensland, Perth, Kuala Lumpur, Abu Dhabi, and Oklahoma [This bullet point shows the candidate’s ability to work globally and with international work teams, which is always increasing in importance.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BE/ME (Electrical Engineering – Power), University of New South Wales (Australia)| 2011
- Electrical Energy International Exchange Program, Institut National des Science (Appliques, France) | 2009
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, C, LabView, Matlab, Spotfire, Primavera P6, Wellview, SAP, and Oracle [Technical skills are very important.Make sure to include all relevant programs you have experience with and check the job ad to ensure you have not left any out. If you have more than what is listed here, make sure to create a separate section for Technical Skills on your resume.]
- Languages: English and French
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Electrical Engineer Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Electrical Engineer Role
The field of electrical engineering is a widely diverse industry and can vary a great deal between the many areas of specialization. These include computer engineering, communications, power and energy systems, integrated circuits, and more.
With so many specializations, it is key for job seekers in this field to differentiate themselves from other candidates by highlighting their technical skills, ability to add value, and specific experiences on their resumes.
What Hiring Managers Look For in Electrical Engineer Resumes
- Specific Technical Skills: Make sure to review the job ad to address as many technical requirements for the role as possible in your resume. Technical skills are the number one ability that hiring managers are looking for when evaluating electrical engineer resumes.
- Ability to Add Value: Your resume is the place to brag about your achievements. Did you save money, time, or resources in a past role? If so, include it by name and try to quantify the savings or impact so that the hiring manager can easily understand the value of your expertise.
- Specific Experiences: Include large projects, names of recognizable companies or clients, countries you have worked in, and relevant environments (i.e. oil rigs, power plants, telecommunications, etc).
Additional Electrical Engineer Resume Writing Tips
- Because of the nature of electrical engineering work, these resumes can become crowded with too many details and technical jargon. It’s always a good idea to write your resume for a general audience and do not assume that the hiring manager is an engineer.
- Add certifications and licenses you earned, as well as training and conferences you attended, to add strength to your profile. These will show hiring managers that you never stop to acquire new knowledge no matter how successful you already are.
Electrical Engineer Job Opportunities
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Electrical Engineering requires an in-demand and specialized skill-set. Make sure to market your skills and abilities by creating a professional LinkedIn profile and growing your network.
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Electrical Engineer resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!