Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Sales Account Manager in Singapore.
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Sales Account Manager with exceptional 12-year record in developing and implementing strategic and tactical sales & marketing plans for clients in the FMCG industry
- Collaborative leader who thrives in growth environments with ability to recruit, motivate, develop and direct high-performance sales and service teams to deliver sustained dynamic business growth
- Excellent in commercial negotiations and highly adept at capitalising on business opportunities through astute implementation of trade marketing, client relationship management, and key account management strategies
- Track record of building high-performing sales & marketing teams that successfully cultivate long-term client relationships and attain double-digit sales & market share growth
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Briefly mentioning about your work experience as a sales account manager or sales account executive will establish a focus of your specialisation and abilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Sales Management||Market & Product Development|
|Client Relations||Contracts Negotiations|
|Key Account Management||P&L Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key sales account management phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
LION STATIONERY SINGAPORE PTE LTD, SINGAPORE
- Responsible for development and execution of action plans, leading contract negotiations, business unit expansion plans and overall sales management activities for consumer stationery/DIY product portfolio with responsibility for million-dollar sales targets [This is a good opening line as it clearly states the focus and size of your responsibility. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly what the role is about.]
- Oversaw distributor account management and development for leading chain retailers such as Dairy Farm Group, NTUC Fairprice, Watson’s, Prime-Mart, Home-Fix, Self-Fix etc [This line and the following line describe other functions you do as a sales account manager]
- Conducted environmental scanning to understand key competitors, identify sales opportunities and revise sales allocations as necessary
- Spearheaded business penetration into new market segments and won new client accounts that brought in annual sales revenue of SGD 5 million [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
YAKULT (S) PTE LTD, SINGAPORE
- Managed distribution channel of key accounts such as NTUC FairPrice, 7-Eleven, Petrol Stations, and Wholesalers [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously held. Notice also how the remaining bullet point is shorter. No need to go deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Handled monthly sales quota of up to SGD 50,000. Assisted superior in business management & product detailing
- Consistently hit monthly sales quota and drove growth from single-digit to double-digits, resulting in 6-8% growth within 2 years
- Awarded Best Employee Award (2006) for outstanding performance in sales achievement, good conduct, and contribution to the company [Don’t be shy to mention any award you’ve received. You earned it!]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), National University of Singapore, Singapore | 2005
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Salesforce.com
- Languages: English, Mandarin
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Sales Account Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
Depending on the company’s structure and business model, product or service sales may or may not be handled by account managers. Normally, when selling requires networking, account management, and client relationship development, sales account managers are necessary.
About the Sales Account Manager Role
Sales account managers are often responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers and overseeing the company’s sales by managing a portfolio of accounts. They also set and track sales account targets in accordance with the company’s objectives. Usually, these managers are customer service oriented and possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
The daily tasks of sales account managers involve handling customers’ queries, needs, and requests. They have to develop good relationship with clients, and generate new business for the company via existing and potential customer networks. They also have to supervise account representatives in order to ensure that the company’s sales meet set targets, monitor sales metrics, and report regularly on the status of sales accounts and transactions.
In order to stand out from the crowd as a sales account manager, it is important to reflect your expertise and ability well in your CV. As such, to ensure that you are ahead of the competition, we will show you how you can write a winning resume that highlights your capabilities as a sales account executive.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in Sales Account Manager Resumes
- Sales and Customer Management Skills: Your resume should provide a complete overview of your career experience, detailing in whatever length necessary your experience in sales and customer management, knowledge of CRM and MS Office, and understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Communication and Negotiation Skills: Important qualities for candidates looking for a sales account manager position include client communication and negotiation, resourcefulness, the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger department, and a driven mindset. You should make sure to showcase these skills and abilities in your resume.
Additional Sales Account Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Present yourself as someone who is driven, goal-oriented, and people-oriented, since sales account manager jobs require constant client interaction and involve the setting and meeting of sales targets. You may wish to highlight your soft skills and areas of expertise that you have demonstrated throughout your employment history.
- Your resume needs to be easy for recruiters to read quickly and absorb the key points. For a clearer representation of your work experiences, you may therefore wish to break them into two parts – your daily workscope, and your achievements. For the daily workscope, make sure that is it short and to the point – workscopes which are implied in your job title can be omitted. Remember, you want to keep your resume short and sharp for recruiters.
Sales Account Management Job Opportunities
- Sales account management positions are often available within finance and banking, advertising, marketing, brand management, hospitality, food and beverage, tourism, and real estate industries. Check out to companies in these sectors and find out if job openings are available for you.
- Reach out directly to HR or hiring managers to increase your chances of getting noticed. This way, you can personally introduce yourself and discuss how your qualifications fit the requirements of the company.
- Sign up to and scour job search websites for jobs and opportunities. Explore these top job search portals or our complete list of job sites in Singapore to get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these top recruitment agencies and headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Sales jobs are everywhere. Almost all businesses offer something to customers in one way or another. With this mind, you have to identify what type of service or product you are comfortable selling to customers. Once you’ve decided, start looking for companies where you can offer your talent and skills to.
- Take advantage of your network. As a sales executive, you must have established excellent relationships with former clients and customers. Use these to find job opportunities within their companies or communities.
- Get the basics of resume writing right – learn our secrets to crafting a killer CV in our ultimate resume guide.
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Building up your LinkedIn presence is one of the best things you can do for yourself in today’s job search landscape. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile, filled with the right keywords, makes you easily discoverable to potential employers. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s how to write a great LinkedIn profile.
- Landed an interview? Great! Be sure to prepare well for these common interview questions, and follow our tips and tricks to ace your job interview.
- Benchmark your salary against others in your industry, to negotiate the pay you deserve. Check out our complete Singapore salary guide for your industry this year.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article on Sales Account Management resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- List of Headhunters in Singapore
- Singapore Salary Guide for All Industries
- Complete List of Job Sites in Singapore
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Return to Ultimate Singapore Job Search Hub
Free Confidential CV Feedback
Unsure if your CV will impress the recruiter? Fill out the form below and our team of HR experts will get in touch with you. We’ll assess your resume, work experience and future career goals. Our experts will then highlight areas for improvement in your CV, specific for job applications in Singapore. This professional consultation is absolutely free, and completely non-obligatory!