Here’s a resume sample we recently produced for a Social Media Manager in Singapore.
ANNA MARIE ROBBINS
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Tel.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: American
- Social Media marketing professional with experience in managing social accounts of well-loved FMCG brands such as Uniqlo and P&G [This opening line perfectly captures a strong summary. Notice the emphasis on FMCG. That’s a key part of the client’s narrative]
- Strong expertise in conceptualizing, implementing and monitoring end-to-end strategies for social media campaigns to establish successful brand awareness and achieve significant annual growth and profit.
- Proven track record in analysing and interpreting key metrics to generate significant increase in social media reach, conversions, web traffic, and ROI.
- Strong business acumen with ability to capture and capitalise on unique opportunities to grow business reputation and expertise.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. If you can quantify your current role and mention it on the summary, it will help scale yout current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Social Media Marketing||Facebook Advertising|
|Social Account Management||Metrics Tracking and Data Analysis|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key social media management and marketing phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
- Spearhead team of 3 brand and digital marketing officers in conceptualizing and implementing social media projects aimed to establish brand, acquire social followers, and announce promotional campaigns for one of leading apparels in Singapore [The opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role]
- Lead development and strategy for brand’s social media properties, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. Play key role in promoting brand’s online presence through management of social media accounts [Mention specific social media platforms you have worked on to give an idea to hiring managers what you are capable of handling.]
- Manage creation and publishing of content on social media and digital platforms, including blogs, social media accounts, and email. Responsible for approving content calendar of these channels
- Oversee full spectrum of social media marketing, online paid advertising, and insights tracking through Facebook Ad Manager. Manage advertising budget of SGD 50’000 annually [Additionally, speak about online paid advertising tools you are familiar with, as well as total budget you’re working on.]
- Compile and analyze data to further streamline and execute traffic growth strategies
- Work with various team members and external resources to produce digital assets, such as videos, graphics and webcasts, and optimise them for specific social media channels
- Teamed up with 28 Singapore bloggers & Instagram accounts to launch influencer campaign using the hashtag #UniquelyUniqloSG. Hashtag was trending on Twitter Singapore for 72 hours with more than 4’000 posts. Stores saw additional 8% increase in revenue within 7-day period from launch of campaign [Mention specific social media campaign you led that drove increase in sales to prove success of project]
- Instrumental in increasing foot traffic and revenue of 25 Uniqlo stores in Singapore by 15% for 2 consecutive years. Successfully developed strategies improving marketing-to-sales ratio from 35% to 5% [Cite metrics to substantiate your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Significantly increased Facebook likes of Uniqlo Singapore page by 244% and Twitter followers by 18% within 6 months. Captured new followers by posting engaging and witty commentary online. [The more data you can show, the better]
- Enhanced client relationships by closely monitoring brand engagement with customers’ enquiries, questions, and feedback. Ensured online reputation was positive and top-rated
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing & Communications, National University of singapore | 2010
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Hootsuite, Facebook Ad Manager
- Languages: English and Basic Mandarin
- Availability: 2 weeks’ notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Social Media Manager Resume Sample above?
Another up-and-coming career in Singapore — and other parts of the world — is social media management. As social media is becoming a significant part of our everyday life, many companies try to reach their customers on online platforms and social communities where they thrive.
About the Social Media Manager Role
Social media marketing or SMM is a crucial part of digital marketing, the role entails engaging with customers on various social media platforms to promote a brand, communicate a message, and/or connect with target audience.
With the budding of many social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and more, it is only necessary for brands and companies to reach out to their customers who are spending hours and hours of their day on these platforms. And social media executives or managers are the ones responsible for doing this.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in Social Media Manager Resumes
- Your knowledge and familiarity of various social media platforms and websites, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+.
- Your extensive background in managing brand pages and company accounts on these social networking sites, including developing and publishing content, growing follower base, communicating with customers, and placing social media ads.
- Your experience in using social media listening and analytics tools to gather qualitative customer insights that will help improve the company’s products and services.
Social Media Manager Resume Writing Tips
- As part of digital marketing, social media management involves data-driven knowledge. Ensure your CV has plenty of metrics to quantify your contributions.
- Speak about social media campaigns you’ve contributed, spearheaded, and/or executed, together with the results it brought. A large part of digital marketing is speed. If you can make your teams roll out campaigns faster, you’ll be a tremendous asset to the organisation.
Social Media Job Opportunities
- Scour websites like JobsDB or Jobstreet for social media management jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from Our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guides on finding jobs through social media and writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Keep working hard. Get ahead of the competition.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on social media manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Write an Executive Summary for Your CV
- 10 Steps on How to Get a Job in Singapore
- Top Job Portals in Singapore
- Other Resume Samples from ResumeWriter.SG