Here is a sample resume we recently produced for an IT Project Manager in Singapore.
IT PROJECT MANAGER
Tel No.: +65 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- PMI-Certified PMP with extensive experience in IT Solutions Management, Business and Systems Integration, Project Management, Technical Development, and Integration
- Experienced in all aspects of project lifecycle from planning, requirements gathering and analysis, to driving process change, rollout and troubleshooting. Led authoring of proprietary programs for J&J aimed at optimising handling process of pre-sales orders worth an estimated USD 10M, significantly reducing errors by 95% and increasing efficiency by 98%
- Comprehensive background in process improvement, software development and consulting across various industries with specialist focus in manufacturing sector. Successfully streamlined work processes which led to 25% increase in productivity without need to hire extra staff or purchase new equipment
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
- Project Management: PMI-Certified PMP, Clarity, MS Project
- Data Modelling: ERD, Data Flow Diagrams, UML and Use Case Modelling
- Development Methods: Agile, Waterfall
- Software Engineering: Full SDLC exposure, Software Quality Assurance, Configuration Mgmt.
- Languages: Java, J2EE
- Databases: Oracle(SQL PLUS, P/L SQL), MS Access
- Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, AS400
[List down all the software, programs, and tools you’ve experienced using as an IT Project Manager in order to give hiring managers an idea of what you’re capable working with.]
EASY SYSTEMS PTE LTD, SINGAPORE
- Pivotal in conception, requirement gathering, documentation and rollout of business-focused projects across offices in APAC; compile activity diagrams, cases, data mapping and user interface designs [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about this role]
- Act as subject matter expert to business unit; assist in design of new Standard Operating Procedures whilst ensuring consistent adoption across APAC offices
- Take initiative to provide recommendations on business process improvements whilst managing stakeholder expectations [Show you know how to make strategic decisions to help improve the team’s/company’s performance.]
Selection of Projects
[As an IT project manager, you are expected to showcase successful projects you’ve led and managed. At this section, you may list down these projects and break them down according to the role and responsibilities you’ve held.]
1. Propriety Customer Application
Client: Johnsons & Johnsons (Aug 2014 – Feb 2015)
Role: Project Manager
- Managed team of 7 in overseeing development and introduction of proprietary custom applications to secure significant commercial advantage [Start with what the project was about and how you led the team in implementing it.]
- Led authoring of proprietary programs aimed at optimising handling process of pre-sales orders worth an estimated USD 10M, significantly reducing errors by 95% and increasing efficiency by 98%. [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
2. GENIUS Implementation and Conversion (APAC)
Client: Internal (Apr 2012 – Dec 2012)
Role: Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Led team of 5 in delivering full systems development life cycle (SDLC) implementation of Claims Module in GENIUS Insurance System to offices across APAC
- Analysed and defined business requirements, identified areas of process improvement, led and managed business analysts and developers to roll out product
- Converted legacy premium, claims and receivables system to a new underwriting system
3. Online Claim Form Implementation
Client: Internal (Jan 2011 – Nov 2011)
Role: Project Manager
- Project Managed implementation of Online Claim Form for multiple products across APAC; project aimed at delivering new platform that processed customer requests more efficiently and effectively
- In-charge of analysing business requirements, managing development team, planning, budgeting and cost management delivery
- Streamlined work processes which led to 25% increase in productivity without need to hire extra staff or purchase new equipment
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- PMI-Certified PMP, Project Management Institute, Singapore | 2012
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering – First Class Honours), National University of Singapore | 2003
[Cite certification(s) that can boost your qualification as an IT project manager]
- Languages: English
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the IT Project Manager Resume Sample above?
About the IT Project Manager Role
An IT project manager, sometimes called IT Project Lead or Technical Project Manager, is often responsible in overseeing the entire process of conceptualising, implementing, and delegating responsibilities according to an organization’s IT projects, plans, and goals.
IT project managers are often involved in discussions about business directives so that they can plan specific technical strategies and identify/assign resources based on overall business goals. As project members are normally spread across various teams an departments, it is the project manager’s responsibility to ensure that projects are executed propoerly and delivered smoothly on time and within budget restraints with the least number of possible unexpected hindrances in work.
An IT Project Manager is different from an IT Manager as the former leads and oversees IT project execution, while the latter is responsible for maintaining an improving the actual technology infrastructure of an organisation. If you are aspiring to get an IT Project Manager role, but feel like youe
Key Pointers Recruiters Look Out For in an IT Project Manager Resume:
- Ability to Deliver Full End-to-End Projects: Task management is an essential part of IT project management. You should be able to develop a project roadmap, create a task list, delegate work to others, and keep on top of progress. A great IT Project Manager can easily develop strategies to ensure that he or she is always on top of project’s progress.
- Strong Understanding of Business Needs: It is the IT Project Manager’s responisbility to fully comprehend business goals and objectives set by senior executives and translate them into technical specifications that his team would be able to understand.
- Exceptional Leadership and Communications Skills: Leadership, in this case, is more than just managing teams effectively and supervising the delivery of projects smoothly and on time. More importantly, a great IT Project Manager should be able to inspire others, set the vision, and guide his team effectively. This is where having good communication comes in. It is essential that IT project managers can clearly convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues, as well as produce reports and presentations, among other skills.
Additional IT Project Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Your achievements will differentiate your application from that of your peers. Make sure to include projects which you have led and their resulting tangible business benefits. These benefits can be in the form of cost savings to the firm, improved business analytic / transparency leading to better business insights, enhanced internal controls, streamlined business processes resulting in higher productivity, and/or new business arm leading to higher revenues / profits. Always tie back your projects to business benefits. This is what the hiring manager and employer want to see. Ultimately, they want to know you can bring great value to their organisation.
- Be sure to include your professional memberships with you education. Courses such as PMP and ITIL are critical. If you currently do not have these certifications, do consider taking up the courses. The Workforce Development Authority in Singapore (WSG) has several heavily discounted courses you can attend.
IT Project Manager Job Opportunities
- Join professional groups on LinkedIn and be active on IT forums to get the latest trends and opportunities within the IT sector, as well as other industries in need of IT project managers. This will also help you grow your network and connect you with the right people within the industry or company you are planning to apply to.
- Scour websites like JobsDB or Jobstreet for IT project management jobs and opportunities. You may also want to check out our complete list of job sites in Singapore to help you get started. Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Singapore to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Overseeing and delivering various projects require different sets of skills each time. When you happen to learn a specific skill from previous projects managed, make sure to emphasise this on your CV, such as A/B testing, troubleshooting, user experience (UX), and process improvement.
- Certifications are optional, but may strengthen your overall profile as a product management executive. If you are not confident about your current qualifications, attend related courses and get certification to help you increase your chances of getting hired.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
- Not sure about your career? How about a professional career coaching call from an expert career coach?
More Useful Links
If you found this article on IT Project Manager resume sample useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Resume
- How to Write an Executive Summary for Your CV
- 10 Steps on How to Get a Job in Singapore
- Top Job Portals in Singapore
- Other Resume Samples from ResumeWriter.SG